Note: Due to our funding source, this job is only open to Massachusetts residents who are permanently authorized to work in the US
This role is perfect for a recent graduate or a 2021 graduate—we’ll teach you the ropes at an early stage startup!
This job will involve working closely with the lead UX designer, co-founders and founding team at an early stage insurtech startup. There will be opportunities to learn all facets of digital design, marketing, UX, and maybe even some video/motion graphics. We know this sounds like a lot of variety. We’re a small team, so you’ll have the opportunity to contribute in multiple areas. You’ll be working closely with our lead designer, who is experienced in these areas and excited to mentor the next generation.
Student should be a senior, graduate student, or recent graduate.
Some examples of potential tasks for this role include:
- Working in Adobe programs including: Photoshop, Illustrator, XD to execute web designs.
- Working in Wix (we can train you in this): making updates to existing pages as well as developing new pages for testing.
- Updating existing marketing materials such as web pages, PDFs, and UX mockups.
- Analyzing information from Google Analytics and social media reports to develop new strategies for marketing, social media, and landing pages.
- Researching best practices for website design and user experience.
- Creating video, social media, and motion graphic pieces in Premiere/After Effects if you’re interested in learning.
- And, generally, helping us attack the massive to do lists every startup has.
Online portfolio demonstrating:
- A keen eye for typography, detail, and color
- Creative problem solving
- An area of expertise – Accessibility, UX, Illustration
What we’re looking for in applicants:
- A willingness to learn quickly, take direction, and execute all the way through to completion.
- Excellent communication, self-management, and organizational skills
- Passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating digital experiences
- Ability to get along with others in a business setting. (Note: we are likely to continue to be remote through most of 2021 due to COVID.)
We’re a diverse group of insurance industry and digital marketing veterans and startup veterans with a vision for how to modernize insurance. We especially encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you want to break new ground with a winning team, come join us!
Send your CV/resume and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com