The classification research intern will work with the Syntax Research and Development team to build Syntax’s family of index and risk analysis products. Responsibilities for this role include researching public companies in U.S and international markets, using Syntax’s patented FIS model to analyze company functions, and identifying changing company trends over time. This internship provides an opportunity for interns to gain insight into industry trends, as well as an opportunity to formally present their work to senior management. There may also be an opportunity to support projects in other areas of the firm such as market research, marketing, sales, or product development.
- Must be a current undergraduate
- Demonstrated interest in economic and/or financial research
- Close attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct web-based research
- Thorough knowledge of a particular industry, whichever it may be