Syros is redefining the power of small molecules to control the expression of genes. Based on its unique ability to elucidate regulatory regions of the genome, Syros aims to develop medicines that provide a profound benefit for patients with diseases that have eluded other genomics-based approaches. Syros is advancing a robust clinical-stage pipeline, including SY-1425, a first-in-class oral selective RARα agonist in RARA-positive patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia, SY-2101, a novel oral form of arsenic trioxide in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia, and SY-5609, a highly selective and potent oral CDK7 inhibitor in patients with select solid tumors. Syros also has multiple preclinical and discovery programs in oncology and monogenic diseases. For more information, visit www.syros.com and follow us on Twitter (@SyrosPharma) and LinkedIn.
The Contracts Manager will be a key member of the Company’s in-house Legal team. Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, this position will focus not only on contracts system administration, but also drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts common to the life sciences industry. These contributions will support a growing portfolio of Platform and Development candidates across multiple therapeutic areas. The ideal candidate will have a service-oriented attitude, meticulous attention to detail, strong project management and organizational skills, and an ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Draft and negotiate a high volume of contracts common to the biopharmaceutical industry, including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, and master service agreements/work orders with vendors and suppliers
· Interact with internal and external parties to gather relevant information required for contract preparation, negotiation and management
· Liaise with team members to respond to inquiries, determine legal or contractual needs, and provide documentation
· Actively manage contract requests, ensuring prompt transitions through each of the contracting stages from request to full execution
· Work closely with the Senior Contracts Manager and attorneys to ensure the Company’s contract management function runs smoothly and efficiently
· Assist with the development of processes and practices that standardize and streamline the internal contracting process, including developing and updating contract templates and standard provisions to be utilized in various scenarios
· Manage contract renewal process, including continuous monitoring of upcoming contract expiration dates, and preparing amendments for dissemination to vendors and suppliers
· Undertake special projects for Legal team or Company-wide initiatives from time to time
· Ability to provide meticulous attention to detail while juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously; strong follow-through skills
· Effective communicator with skills to interact collaboratively with a diverse set of individuals at all levels of the organization
· Self-motivated; service oriented; able to work independently and to problem solve
· Collaborative team player; contributes to the efficiency and productivity of department
· Sound judgment; acts with integrity and respect at all times
· Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years contract drafting and negotiation experience
· Experience within the life sciences industry ideally working in the clinical development field
· Experience and knowledge of clinical trial agreements a plus
· Legal/paralegal or equivalent experience required
Finally, the candidate will need to embrace our values:
As one team, strengthened by our diversity, we:
· Value each day of patients’ lives
· Operate with integrity and respect
· Inspire excellence in all
· Communicate transparently
· Embrace big challenges
Syros Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All Syros recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Raise Diversity. Elevate Equity. Amplify Inclusion.
The Syros Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee invites you to envision your next role in a community where each and every one is empowered to be their best authentic self. Operating with compassion, humility, advocacy, kindness, respect, and awareness, the DEI committee meets regularly to uphold our commitment to an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We believe the unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives of each Syrosian strengthens our coordinated expression, making our company stronger and helping us to achieve our mission of developing medicines to transform patients’ lives.
We are not currently seeking third party assistance with this position.