Syros is redefining the power of small molecules to control the expression of genes. Based on its unique ability to elucidate regulatory regions of the genome, Syros aims to develop medicines that provide a profound benefit for patients with diseases that have eluded other genomics-based approaches. Syros is advancing a robust clinical-stage pipeline, including SY-1425, a first-in-class oral selective RARα agonist in RARA-positive patients with higher-risk myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia, SY-2101, a novel oral form of arsenic trioxide in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia, and SY-5609, a highly selective and potent oral CDK7 inhibitor in patients with select solid tumors. Syros also has multiple preclinical and discovery programs in oncology and monogenic diseases. For more information, visit www.syros.com and follow us on Twitter (@SyrosPharma) and LinkedIn.
Reporting to the Associate Director, New Product Planning, Syros Pharmaceuticals is seeking a New Product Planning Intern.
This individual will be exposed to new product planning activities across the drug development lifecycle, from preclinical to early commercialization, to learn basic biopharmaceutical product development strategy. This individual will assist New Product Planning lead with aspects of:
· Competitive landscape updates, to understand evolving market dynamics
· Disease and market assessments, to understand unmet needs and early product positioning
· Product profile development, used to ensure a product meets certain minimally acceptable criteria for a commercially successful product
· Communications plan, to ensure key messages about the product are clear and consistent
· Early branding activities, to ensure the product brand is wholistic and cohesive
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational[KR1] skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated; able to work independently and to problem solve
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Team oriented
· Sound judgment; acts with integrity and respect at all times
· Possesses a sense of urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to emerging information
· Rising college juniors and/or seniors
· Interest in the life sciences
· Desire to learn about the biopharmaceutical industry or have familiarity and are looking to gain experience
· Experience in the industry is welcome, but not required
Finally, the candidate will need to embrace our values:
As one team, strengthened by our diversity, we:
· Value each day of patients’ lives
· Operate with integrity and respect
· Inspire excellence in all
· Communicate transparently
· Embrace big challenges
Syros Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All Syros recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Raise Diversity. Elevate Equity. Amplify Inclusion.
The Syros Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee invites you to envision your next role in a community where each and every one is empowered to be their best authentic self. Operating with compassion, humility, advocacy, kindness, respect, and awareness, the DEI committee meets regularly to uphold our commitment to an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We believe the unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives of each Syrosian strengthens our coordinated expression, making our company stronger and helping us to achieve our mission of developing medicines to transform patients’ lives.
[KR1]Fill in applicable success factors. These are some that have been used in the past.