Corporate Strategy & Analysis Intern 2021
As America’s Un-carrier™, T-Mobile US (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. We operate our flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS, and offer simplicity and “no surprises” to our wireless subscribers.
We’re breaking the rules of wireless and even after 6+ years we’re just getting started. Join our revolution and change wireless for good. We aren’t afraid to break the rules, we play to win, and we have fun doing it!
We’re hiring in Corporate Strategy & Analysis (CS&A). Join a team of outside-the-box problem solvers who bring sophisticated analytic and critical thinking to tackle the biggest challenges facing T-Mobile, and identify significant opportunities that will craft our growth trajectory. We are a team of collaborative problem solvers with deep relationships and influence throughout the organization. This is the team responsible for launching some of the most defining moves in the wireless industry – from Simple Global to Binge On to the Sprint merger – and will continue to play an integral part in our innovations to come.
You will be Intern in CS&A, a position that requires strategic and analytical thinking, the ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and influence executives, and an appetite for change and innovation. You will have the opportunity to:
• Partner with cross functional teams and leaders to influence critical decisions and inspire change. Work closely with a CS&A team to support key business leaders across the company understand the challenges their businesses face and navigate change within a large organization.
• Provide the analytical capability and perspective. Tackle ambiguous and sophisticated analytical problems, requiring analysis beyond what’s vital for day-to-day operations.
• Build impact. Uncover meaningful business insights and build frameworks and models to empower leaders to make decisions.
• Synthesize findings. Translate insights and concepts to meaningful recommendations.
• Craft a strategic story out of the numbers. Present sophisticated analytical findings in a clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner.
• Problem solver. You can identify the key issues that impact business decisions
and have excellent analytical skills including the ability to build models (typically
in Excel) to drive insights.
• Structured problem solver. You can frame and bring structure to sophisticated
and ambiguous analytical problems.
• Data analyzer. You are proficient at drawing insights by collecting, manipulating,
and analyzing large datasets.
• Modeling pro. You have experience building sophisticated financial and decision
models from scratch and feel comfortable pursuing modeling assignments with
limited oversight. Strong Excel skills required, with SAS, R, or other statistical
software a plus.
• Magenta teammate. You collaborate well with cross functional teams and want
to bring that experience to the cutting edge of wireless.
• Clear communicator. You can synthesize analysis into succinct, executive-ready
written, visual, and verbal communications.
• Independent doer. You desire a high level of responsibility and can work with
minimal direction. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Change agent. You have both the emotional intelligence and communication
skills vital to drive cross-functional collaboration and motivate and influence
business leaders and peers.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as Business, Economics,
Math, Statistics, etc.) and 1 year of MBA completed.
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in management consulting or corporate strategy at
a large firm.
• Some level of familiarity with tech, telecommunications, or consumer business.
• Track record demonstrating a high level of achievement.