Clinical Guidelines Management Support Specialist
Temporarily WFH due to COVID-19 • Atlanta, GA • Health Systems and Worker Safety (HSWS)
Tanaq Support Services (TSS) delivers professional, scientific, and technical services and information technology (IT) solutions to federal agencies in health, technology, and other government services. TSS is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Tanaq native community and shareholders.
About the Role
We are seeking a Clinical Guidelines Management Support Specialist to support the Health Systems and Worker Safety (HSWS) task force under the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – COVID-19 response team. This role will provide project management support for CDC’s Text Illness Monitoring (TIM) system. Initial work location is remote, due to COVID-19 work restrictions on the CDC campus. Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, this role will report and transition to the Roybal Campus located in Atlanta, Georgia. This role is 100% at the customer’s location.
- Cross clear documents from other Task Forces and Teams, ensuring the integrity of clinical content.
- Serve as clinical SME and respond to inquiries from fellow response members, clinicians, healthcare systems, state or local health departments, and elected officials.
- Develop guidance documents on the clinical management of COVID-19 based on continual review of the literature.
- Present clinical guidance and expertise to providers and the public.
- Investigate novel clinical manifestations of SARS-CoV-2 infection such as post-acute sequelae or coinfection with SARS-CoV-2 and influenza.
- Document efforts and operations for reportable metrics.
Required Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Problem solver with ability to identify issues and find solutions independently while staying within CDC protocols.
- Flexibility in work assignments and tasks and having the ability to shift priorities quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to address a diverse set of stakeholders and meet the challenging work requirements of a complex CDC activation.
- Experience working with/in the CDC preferred.
- Ability to obtain government clearance.
Education and Training
- RN or Nurse Practitioner (or similar clinical degree) required.
- BA/BS (or equivalent experience) required, Master’s degree in Public Health strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May need to lift 25 pounds regularly.
Who We Are
Tanaq Support Services strives to deeply understand and analyze our clients’ vision, needs, and requirements so we may provide alternative solutions, empowering them to choose the best resolution. We aim to achieve excellence by delivering on our commitments to our clients, employees, and partners.
TSS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact us for assistance.
To view more job opportunities with us and apply, please visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/a4712c9f-f074-40e8-9a14-bee06660bd81/Tanaq-Support-Services-LLC