Fully Remote • CDC-INFO Task Force
Tanaq Support Services (TSS) delivers professional, scientific, and technical services and information technology (IT) solutions to federal agencies in health, technology, and other government services. TSS is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Tanaq native community and shareholders.
About the Role
We are seeking an Instructional Designer (ID) to support the CDC-INFO Task Force under the Joint Information Center (JIC) for the COVID-19 Surge and Response project at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The ID will work closely with CDC-INFO Training Specialist, Emergency Response Coordinator, Quality Lead and Content Team to help update COVID-19 response and vaccine slides, as well as other training materials. The ID will acquire and maintain working knowledge of CDC website content as it pertains to COVID-19 response and of CDC-INFO prepared responses (PRs) in order to effectively review and suggest updates and improvements to CDC-INFO training slides, Job Aids, and other materials. Additionally, participate in CDC-INFO calls—including with the contact center vendor, and internally with the CDC-INFO Branch—for the COVID-19 surge and response. The ID will sit in on training sessions, take notes of important feedback or comments from vendor, trainees, and trainer. Also, help track dates and number of students in classes. The ID will attend training meetings and help note decisions and action items. As well as assist the trainer in ensuring slides and training materteral are current and all training materials are labeled and filed appropriately on share drive. The ID will also help review call recordings and emails and identify training opportunities/gaps and quality concerns.
- Develop SMART learning objectives and tools to assess achievement of learning outcomes and to evaluate learner and instructor satisfaction with and assess effectiveness of courses and educational sessions.
- Review, recommend edits, and revise training slides to make clearer, more concise, and consistent with updated CDC website and other cleared content.
- Provide consultation on instructional design to CDC program staff, content developers, fellows, and interns.
- Apply principles of instructional systems design to conduct analysis, design, development and evaluation tasks required for training products and services, especially for virtual learning, but including classroom-based training design.
- Follow instructional design project planning guidance and style guides from CDC for all educational materials developed for CDC.
- Conform and adapt training product design and delivery approach to fully use applicable learning management systems (LMS), such as CDC TRAIN, using SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model), HTML5, Experience API, and future programming features as appropriate.
- Develop learning products (courses, videos, widgets, podcasts, job-aids, or other products the vendor might want to suggest to CDC) and related materials based on sound instructional design methods, adult learning theory, and innovative application of instructional technology in accordance with HHS and CDC Section 508 guidelines, responsive design guidance.
- Products and other materials shall be accurate and clear, written in plain language and with a style suitable for the intended audience, and consistent with the Plain Writing Act of 2010 and CDC’s Clear Communication Index.
- Manage and coordinate training and education development projects through the development and use of project plans that include timelines, deliverables, and steps for all parties involved.
- Ensure timelines for projects are met and deliverables are received in accordance with the project plan.
- Consult CDC-INFO training and content staff about progress, challenges, and needs to accomplish tasks.
Required Experience and Skills
- Preferred understanding of training, including ability to synthesize and distill information into key points.
- Experience with CDC-INFO preferred.
- Experience with developing and leading training
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and external partners, including acting as a liaison with CDC programs or other federal agency partners.
- Skill in managing, planning, organizing, and directing complex processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage and respond to multiple requests and priorities.
- Ability to think critically, analyze situations and data, and solve problems.
- Ability to obtain government clearance.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as instructional design, educational technology, or curriculum development.
- Master’s degree in related field, preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May need to lift 25 pounds regularly.
Who We Are
Tanaq Support Services strives to deeply understand and analyze our clients’ vision, needs, and requirements so we may provide alternative solutions, empowering them to choose the best resolution. We aim to achieve excellence by delivering on our commitments to our clients, employees, and partners.
TSS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact us for assistance.
To view more job opportunities with us, please visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/a4712c9f-f074-40e8-9a14-bee06660bd81/Tanaq-Support-Services-LLC