NEPA Specialist / Manager
WFH Flexible • Denver, CO or Seattle, WA
Tanaq Environmental, LLC. (Tanaq) delivers environmental engineering, investigation, consulting, and remediation services to local, state, and federal agencies in the areas of hazardous & toxic waste restoration and military munitions site management. Tanaq is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Alaskan native community and shareholders.
Tanaq is seeking a NEPA Specialist / Manager to support multiple National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects.
- Independently leads and coordinates preparation of NEPA documents, including Environmental Assessments (EA)s, Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), and related NEPA documents, primarily for Federal government sites and facilities.
- Prepares NEPA documentation in collaboration with resource specialists both within Tanaq and with partner firms.
- Coordinates with clients to determine project requirements, develop proposed actions and alternatives, conduct site visits, support regulatory and public involvements, and prepare final NEPA documentation of findings.
- Conducts detailed analysis of proposed actions with respect to resource area(s) for which candidate has specialized training and experience (i.e.: biology, cultural resources, water resources, geology, hazardous waste, air quality, socioeconomics, etc.).
- Works with team of scientist and engineers to manage and prepare NEPA documents, primarily for Federal government sites, including Department of Defense installations.
- Supports and/or leads proposal efforts for new NEPA projects, including preparation of pricing and technical proposals.
- Manages scope, schedule, and budgets of NEPA and other related environmental projects.
- Manages project teams for a broad range of environmental project assignments, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience following Bachelor’s degree, with minimum of 5 years of experience conducting and/or managing NEPA studies.
- Prior experience with NEPA studies at Federal facilities. Department of Defense experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills. Writing examples related to NEPA documents will be requested.
- Physically able to travel to project sites for site surveys and meetings.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Word and Excel required. Experience with MS Project and PowerPoint also preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with public.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
Education and Training
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science (BS) Degree in biology, anthropology, water resources, geology, or other applicable disciplines. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Professional registration or certification, as applicable to discipline.
Minimum Salary: USD $80,000/Yr. Maximum Salary: USD $110,000/Yr. Salary Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Tanaq Environmental, LLC. Full-time US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and basic life insurance, among others.
Who We Are
TEL provides Environmental Consulting and Remediation services under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) remediation services, studies and reporting.
TEL is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact us for assistance.