Web Developer (Mid-level)
Tanaq Support Services LLC
Atlanta, GA 30329
Tanaq Support Services (TSS) delivers professional, scientific, and technical services and information technology (IT) solutions to federal agencies in health, technology, and other government services.
TSS is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation (SGT), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Tanaq native community and shareholders.
About the Role
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and motivated individual for the position of Web Developer (Mid-level) to support website and digital media management of the Division of Global Health Protection website (www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/healthprotection) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
These digital assets must be monitored and continuously updated. Web requests may vary month-to-month and year-to-year, with spikes in requests at one time and leveling off at another time. The Web Developer will be expected to manage competing priorities with CDC technical monitors while providing a high level of service quality across all webpages.
The mid-level Web Developer will work with a senior-level Web Developer to support web development, programming support for advanced web products, usability support, and metrics analysis for the DGHP website. Initial location is in a remote role due to COVID-19 work restrictions on the CDC campus, but will be expected to transition to the CDC Roybal Campus located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Website Production Support
- Managed web content should be appropriately marked up, tagged/coded and maintained for search engine optimization and Social Media sharing, use by CDC’s APIs and Section 508/WCAG compliance.
- Ensure DGHP site remains 508 compliant. Ensure all PDFs are remediated.
- Assist the DGHP team leadership with web production issues. Act on and respond to e-mails related to web production. Participate in meetings, provide web updates during meetings, and respond to web-related questions and requests. Consult with DGHP teams on website updates. Provide consultation based on CDC’s best practices and standards (available on CDC’s Intranet). Serve as “on call” when needed to support division web requests, occasionally after hours and with quick turnaround as needed.
- Manage the DGHP site taxonomy by monitoring new content, reviewing proposed tags, creating new tags, and ensuring new content meets taxonomy requirements.
- Provide web content support for the DGHP site by providing strong quality assurance of new web pages and redesigned sites, assisting in assuring new content is provided in a digital first format, leveraging plain language best practices, coordinating efforts closely with DGHP team, and making good decisions on tagging and file naming conventions.
- Provide support for front-end, static and interactive data visualizations managed from within the WCMS primarily using D3.js. Data visualizations may be displayed on the website and mobile, in widgets, microsites, mobile applications, or any CDC supported digital communication channel. Ensure all data visualizations are fully Section 508 compliant.
- Provide web design and user experience support to ensure that all websites: follow CDC Web Council standards and guidance; incorporate appropriate information architectures; have highly functional web user interface design; follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices; and incorporate user experience best practices. Provide web site monitoring to include digital first, quality assurance, accessibility, SEO, response, and compliance with polices and standards. Be familiar with CDC web content standards, plain language, proofreading and copyediting practices to provide quality control and ensure all content meets established content standards. Use CDC approved web tools to check and validate the page code, checking multiple viewpoints, metrics reports, and ensure the quality of our web sites using the Site QA Review Process.
- Provide technical oversight for e-mail communication channels and work with Vendors that provide e-mail messages and newsletter communication platforms, such as Adobe Campaign, or whichever product or service is in use by CDC. Work with the OADC technical team to support and develop front end interfaces for the e-mail system’s topic and subscription management. Support Agency users in using the system through training and documentation. Assist Agency users in developing e-mails and newsletters that utilize best practices.
- Provide and maintain internal management tools and forms used to manage web requests, projects, and reporting tools within SharePoint. Use Power Apps to create web request forms that capture data on key performance metrics including numbers of web requests, level of complexity of work, and estimated resources expended. Use data to create dashboards that are updated monthly.
Day to Day Usability Support for Website
Provide ongoing support for the usability of DGHP website. The site should incorporate user design principles and ensure users can find the content needed.
- Provide day to day user experience (UX) support and consultation for the DGHP site. Develop wireframes, mockups, and information architectures daily for the site, as well as regularly review existing content posted to the site for adherence to UX best practices. Work closely with the DGHP team to develop plans for new and updated content and site sections. Document all new features and provide a decision document supporting the work. Advise on digital first best practices for the sites. All user interfaces and recommendations shall incorporate CDC template standards, user experience research and best practices, usability study findings, and audience needs.
- Ensure the audience-based navigation of the DGHP site works effectively on multiple browsers and devices including desktop and mobile. As needed, revise existing layout templates to meet the needs of CDC Center for Global Health.
- Regularly review and monitor site metrics and customer satisfaction data and apply findings into all user experience decisions. Ensure the sites’ satisfaction scores (ACSI) related to information browsing, look and feel, navigation, site performance remain at or above cdc.gov average scores. Report low scores and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide weekly, monthly, or quarterly web metrics reports to DGHP team as requested. Analyze data to determine site user needs, potential content gaps and recommended areas for improvement.
- Work closely with DGHP team on user experience strategies and approach. Develop and maintain monthly usability improvement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a closely related field
- Must be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance
Required Experience and Skills
- Prior experience at CDC or similar client strongly preferred.
- Experience providing support for front-end, static and interactive data visualizations managed from within the WCMS primarily using D3.js. Experience with data visualizations displayed on websites and mobile, in widgets, microsites, mobile applications, etc.
- Experience managing and ensuring web content is appropriately marked up, tagged/coded and maintained for search engine optimization (SEO) and Social Media sharing, use by CDC’s APIs and Section 508/WCAG compliant.
- Experience providing user experience (UX) support and consultation, as well as adherence to UX best practices.
- Experience ensuring the audience-based navigation of sites work effectively on multiple browsers and devices including desktop and mobile.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capabilities.
- Self-driven; cool under time pressure and flexible.
- Ability to work simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines.
- Anticipates and communicates issues and risks in a timely way.
- Ability to address a diverse set of stakeholders and meet the challenging work requirements of CDC.
Our Promise: We strive to deeply understand and analyze our clients’ vision, needs, and requirements so we may provide alternative solutions, empowering them to choose the best solution. We aim to achieve excellence by delivering on our commitments to our clients, employees, and partners.
Tanaq Support Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.