Position: Development and B2B Marketing Intern
Location: Remote but preference to candidates based in NYC or Boston
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: At least 3 months commitment (6 months preferred)
Hours per week: 8 hours per week to be completed during business hours. If the occasion arises, you may be asked to support at evening events
Reports to: Development Associate and US Managing Director
Are you looking for an exciting internship in a dynamic organization working in international development? Then we want to hear from you!
The Tanzanian Children’s Fund (TCF) works to eliminate poverty and improve the lives of marginalized children and families living in the Karatu region of northern Tanzania.
TCF provides a loving and permanent home to a family of 102 at the Rift Valley Children’s Village (RVCV). In addition to providing legal guardianship for this unique family, TCF works to promote the well-being of all children and families in our community and to address the problem of systemic poverty.
We are committed to a holistic solution where we provide access to:
- High-quality education
- Free healthcare
- Economic opportunity and loans for our entire community.
We equip a geographic area, home to 10,000 people, with all the tools and systems that it needs to realize a brighter future. We are a registered 501(c)(3), with our US office and team located in Boston.
TCF is looking for a passionate and hardworking intern to assist and support our small US team with expanding its fundraising efforts to include major foundations. You’ll work with the team to identify foundations, seek in roads to those foundations, and craft marketing and other outreach materials. You will work closely with our Development Team to strategize and help ensure all development goals are being met.
Not only will you have the chance to impact the team’s work but you’ll get excellent training that you can take with you into a not-for-profit or business career.
- Research and identify new potential funding opportunities
- Help manage and continuously update foundation prospect pipeline
- Assist with solicitation and cultivation of new funders
- Track communications, schedule meetings and assist in organizing the activities of TCF’s development team
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support TCF’s development objectives
Skills and Experience
- Studying or recently graduated with Bachelors degree in related fields or related work experience.
- Current graduate students working to gain their Masters in related field
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and methods of TCF
- Computer skills including Google and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate virtually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Involvement with TCF – it’s a really special organization !
- Gain first-hand experience with international development, helping to transform the lives of the next generation of Tanzanians
- Build international communication exposure collaborating with a global team
- Opportunity to work remotely with flexible working hours.
Expectations & Working Conditions
- Report to US Development Associate and Managing Director
- At least a 3 month commitment (6 months preferably).
- 8 hours per week in 2-4 hour blocks during the work hours of 9AM-5PM EST Mon- Fri
- Flexible week hours will be offered after the first month of the internship dependent on progress.
- All roles and responsibilities contribute to the organization’s mission of serving vulnerable children in Tanzania. Our work is thus regularly impacted by complex and often urgent issues involving the emotional and physical well-being of children.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org with “TCF Development Internship” in the subject line.