WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
The Business Development Rep’s main objectives are to foster relationships with potential clients and help the sales team exceed revenue targets by creating sales meetings and opportunities. The BDR is often the first point of contact our clients have and will be the first experience the customer has with TA. Using a consultative approach, the Business Development Rep is to uncover customer needs, introduce TA’s solutions and connect prospective customers with the appropriate Client Strategy Director.
YOUR CAREER PATH:
TechnologyAdvice is one of those places where your career can grow in just about any way you’d like. Want to move into a closer and account executive role in the next 12-18 months? We can help give you the guidance, support, and tools you need to get there!
DAY TO DAY:
- Create engaging videos, emails and linkedIn messages to help break through the noise
- Respond, engage, and qualify leads and inquiries from technologyadvice.com/partners
- Exceed daily client engagement goals through phone, email, and social media touches
- Cold prospect and find new contacts and accounts
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around TA offerings
- Monitor BDR-created deals and brainstorms ways to help move deals through the sales process
- Establish effective outreach cadences and cold calling tactics/strategies
- Communicate with prospects and coordinate their calendars with the AE who will be taking the call
- Work closely with the Director of Client Strategy to pass off opportunities
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional sales experience, but lots of experience in thinking on his/her feet. We’re looking for someone who’s hungry to learn and can do so quickly, while also bringing new ideas and creativity to the team. Bonus points if you’re technical enough to already know your way around Salesforce, Salesloft, or another CRM platform!
SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS WE’RE LOOKING FOR ARE:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fast learner and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- A confident and determined outlook
- Resilience – the ability to cope with rejection
- Competitive mentality
- Being coachable is a must
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You’ll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we’re doing at TA. Check out our list of benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days, plus ongoing daily & weekly team huddles and an hour of 1:1 time with your manager every 2 weeks
- Fitness reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace app
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for four consecutive years. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards, as well as being honored as a Tennessee Top Workplace in 2019 and 2020.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the following measures have been implemented for employees working in-office based on CDC and local guidelines:
- Social distancing between workspaces
- Mandatory mask policy
- Frequent sanitation of high-touch surfaces
- Room capacities for all conference rooms
- COVID-19 contact and exposure response policy
- Individually packaged catered lunches
A Hybrid Work Policy was also launched. We offer flexibility to work in the location where you feel most productive. Eligible team members can work in-office, remotely from home, or a blend of the two, assuming acceptable minimum requirements are met.