Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent…make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If building proprietary software that integrates with our 30+ high traffic websites sounds like an ideal job for you, you’ve found the right place. We are looking for people who love creating software, who want to learn how to build quality applications in Python, who enjoy working with large amounts of data, and who will strive to make our technology better.
We are looking for a great intern to join, learn with, and support our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged and learning full-stack development TechnologyAdvice may be the right next step in your career. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, or possibly playing a game or two of ping-pong. We are a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
We are seeking candidates who want to explore if there is a long-term career to grow into at TechnologyAdvice after the internship is completed. This is a full-time, paid internship opportunity.
How You’ll Contribute…
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company’s products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
What You Bring…
- Completion of at least a 6-month web development training course or equivalent
- Excellent programming, testing, and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cohesive Agile Scrum team environment
- Ability to learn new business processes or application nuances quickly
- Experience programming with modern web applications frameworks such as Vue.js or similar (React, Angular 2+)
- Experience with data processing and RESTful APIs in Python
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and approaches is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux (Bash), Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
- Docker and Kubernetes
Why You Want Us…
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.