TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking women and men in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The East Africa Division is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual who is passionate about international economic development to provide part-time support to communications and knowledge management functions across a diverse portfolio. With operations in Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda, the East Africa division has a strong presence throughout the region. Across East Africa, we are implementing interventions in a range of sectors including coffee, other high-margin agriculture, and food processing, along with entrepreneurship initiatives that support micro-retail enterprises, small and growing businesses, and women and youth entrepreneurs.
In this role, your responsibilities will involve creating marketing and knowledge-sharing materials that communicate key information about TechnoServe programs with external and internal audiences. Specific tasks include:
- Developing and updating profiles of ongoing projects and country portfolios
- Writing and editing publication-quality success stories, case studies, presentations, and other knowledge-sharing and marketing pieces
- Writing and editing copy for the website and other communications channels
- Editing communications materials and program reports for message, structure, grammar, style, and consistency with TechnoServe brand identity
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Economics, Business, Anthropology, Sociology, or another relevant field. Relevant work or internship experience preferred.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter
- Have the proven ability to work independently
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail-oriented with the ability to produce documents that are clear and concise
- Have polished skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Publisher
- Have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, and a sense of humor
This is a remote internship.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 202 785 4515.