Role: Microsite Template Design and Project Management Fellow
Timing: 8-12 weeks, 20 hours per week (flexible)
I. Background and Project Purpose
TechnoServe (www.technoserve.org) is a non-profit, economic development organization with sustained commitment to its 50-year old founding mission to work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are business specialists assisting farmers and other entrepreneurs in 29 countries, increasing their access to information, capital, and markets. The increased income our clients derive enhances resilience and prosperity for their families and communities.
Many of TechnoServe’s programs have a need for external facing co-branded microsites. With assistance from a digital partner agency, TechnoServe will be creating a new microsite template for program microsites so that new microsites can be hosted on TechnoServe.org and existing ones can be migrated. This will simplify the process for creating microsites, reduce costs, and improve analytics capabilities for our program teams.
II. Fellow Role
The Fellow will manage the Program Microsite Template project, including conducting research for program microsite best practices, validating microsite requirements, partnering with the Digital Agency to create the work plan and timeline, and coordinating with TechnoServe stakeholders. The Fellow will report to the Senior Director of Digital Engagement and oversee the successful development of a new TechnoServe WordPress template that can be used across different programs.
The Fellow will be accountable for:
- Creation and maintenance of a project plan and budget. (The Fellow could create the project plan independently or oversee work by an agency partner)
- Serve as the primary point of contact, and manage the relationship, with the Website Development agency
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with agency partners, project stakeholders, project working team members, and project sponsors, as needed
- Document and deliver project status updates to stakeholders, project working team members, and senior leadership sponsoring the project. (The Fellow could create the status reports independently or oversee work by an agency partner)
- Collect viewpoints among diverse and dissenting viewpoints, while effectively translating ideas into prioritized and actionable steps
Phases of the project would include (and Fellow is responsible for):
- Conducting internal and external primary research to confirm template needs and to capture requirements.
- Conducting a landscape assessment to understand other organizations’ approach to program microsites.
- Developing a set of template requirements.
- Design and development of the template (agency partner will design).
III. Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of full-time work experience required.
- Project management experience, specifically related to website design and development projects.
- Experience creating and maintaining project timelines that identify critical milestones and paths to completion.
- Experience creating and maintaining project budgets.
- Experience managing website design agency partners, including working through project blockers.
- Experience identifying and mitigating project risks (associated with budget and timelines).
- Experience creating and delivering project status reports to key stakeholders, project working team members, and project sponsors.
- Experience using WordPress and authoring websites built on WordPress.
- Experience with and understanding of TechnoServe programs is a plus
As this is a pro bono consulting position, TechnoServe will not provide fees for the services completed.