Remote, Full-Time, Non-Exempt Temporary position
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to make an impactful and meaningful contribution. You will get to work on inspiring and challenging projects that drive goals and support our mission.
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
The remote summer internship program at TechSoup provides students the chance to develop practical business skills, learn about the nonprofit sector, and develop networking and community-building skills in a supportive and dynamic nonprofit environment. Through our curated program, interns gain a deeper understanding of the educational, cultural, and technical aspects of civil society and the work achieved by global and local nonprofits and community-based organizations in the social sector.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PST time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PST to 4:30 PM PST or 9:00 AM PST to 5:30 PM PST, typically).
TechSoup’s Solutions & Services team is looking for a qualified content writing intern to join us for the summer. Our team manages and develops tech services and courses to serve the distinct needs of nonprofits.
Over the course of this internship, the intern will:
- Publish a minimum of three blog posts or other content pieces.
- Update the global refurbished hardware report
- Establish due diligence and program launch checklist for distribution to program managers and TSGN partners
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Content – Written works will be completed with support from our design and copy-editing team and will be published on our site. Responsibilities include:
- Research, write, and edit blog posts for cybersecurity services, Microsoft services, marketing services and courses, and managed tech services.
- Conduct customer spotlight interviews for potential blog posts and website testimonials.
- Write copy for newsletters and email marketing campaigns.
Program Content – Work will be in coordination with Program Managers with support from our copy-editing team and will be published internally to our global network partners. Content examples include:
- Support the Google services launch from a content perspective, documenting the offers, creating sales talking points and other marketing and sales content.
- Update TechSoup’s Global Refurbished Hardware Program Report, working with TechSoup global partners to gather and update the information.
- Create a clear partner due diligence and program launch checklist for TechSoup Global partners seeking to launch refurbished hardware programs in their market.
Education and Qualifications
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled in an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level; or graduated in the spring semester and applying for a post-graduation internship to gain experience.
- You must have a functioning laptop to use throughout the summer.
- Excellent written communication skills and a desire to learn more about and support the non-profit sector.
- Social networking and non-profit knowledge preferred.
- Microsoft Office.
- Diplomacy and teamwork.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.