Remote, Full-Time, Non-Exempt Temporary position
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to make an impactful and meaningful contribution. You will get to work on inspiring and challenging projects that drive goals and support our mission.
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
The remote summer internship program at TechSoup provides students the chance to develop practical business skills, learn about the nonprofit sector, and develop networking and community-building skills in a supportive and dynamic nonprofit environment. Through our curated program, interns gain a deeper understanding of the educational, cultural, and technical aspects of civil society and the work achieved by global and local nonprofits and community-based organizations in the social sector.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PST time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PST to 4:30 PM PST or 9:00 AM PST to 5:30 PM PST, typically).
The intern will help create the structure for training staff, partners, and NGOs on the Microsoft Open Value and Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) on-premises program. The intern will research and create process documentation for the programs. They will also design an interactive virtual training for the initial team.
The end project should be a complete virtual training that informs our internal program team of the upcoming changes from Microsoft Open license to Open Value/CSP on premises and also enables our TechSoup training team to create a specific training for our Account Management Group and Partner NGO staff.
Over the course of this internship, the intern will:
- Get up to speed quickly on the different Microsoft Licensing programs.
- Understand the differences between the various MicroSoft programs
- Effectively communicate and provide training on the changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with subject matter experts to design the strategy and develop learning materials for a wide variety of training courses, including virtual, video, and team training sessions.
- Lead training sessions through a variety of mediums to internal and external clients.
- Refine improvements and changes to training working with TechSoup trainers.
- Help to gather and organize metrics for measuring training success.
- Support existing training programs.
Education and Qualifications
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled in an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level; or graduated in the spring semester and applying for a post-graduation internship to gain experience.
- You must have a functioning laptop to use throughout the summer.
- At least two years of experience, education, or knowledge of the education or training space.
- Social networking and non-profit knowledge preferred.
- Microsoft Suite, MS Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interact in a professional manner with a wide variety of people.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.