Remote, Full-Time, Non-Exempt Temporary position
An internship at TechSoup is not just a learning experience; it is an opportunity to make an impactful and meaningful contribution. You will get to work on inspiring and challenging projects that drive goals and support our mission.
We’re a high-impact, global nonprofit social enterprise that believes in using technology for the greater good. Since 1987, we’ve been building partnerships and alliances with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe – all committed to helping nonprofits fully access the profound power of technology and a connected world — and use it to improve lives.
The remote summer internship program at TechSoup provides students the chance to develop practical business skills, learn about the nonprofit sector, and develop networking and community-building skills in a supportive and dynamic nonprofit environment. Through our curated program, interns gain a deeper understanding of the educational, cultural, and technical aspects of civil society and the work achieved by global and local nonprofits and community-based organizations in the social sector.
This is a paid, remote position. Candidates must be available to work within normal PST time-zone working hours (8:00 AM PST to 4:30 PM PST or 9:00 AM PST to 5:30 PM PST, typically).
The Community Outreach (marketing) team is looking for a video content intern who can assist in expanding our capacity to produce videos in the Community Outreach department. We are a small team and requests for video are increasing. This intern will provide support by creating short videos intended for social media and online ads. These have proven to be more effective than other media in terms of engagement, and ultimately bring new people to TechSoup.
Over the course of this internship, the intern will:
- Develop 3-5 short videos for social media and/or online ads.
- Develop one longer form video.
- Gain hands on experience in video and media creation.
- Develop resume and portfolio assets.
- Grow media competency in a professional nonprofit environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Content and Design teams to develop video concepts.
- Storyboard and present video concepts for approval.
- Develop first draft of scripts and project plan.
- Edit and do pre/post production of video under the direction of department leadership.
- If possible, shoot video either live or using smartphone direction.
Education and Qualifications
Any combination of education and experience providing the skill and knowledge for successful participation and learning in the internship would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Must be actively and presently enrolled in an accredited college or university at an undergraduate or graduate level; or graduated in the spring semester and applying for a post-graduation internship to gain experience.
- You must have a functioning laptop to use throughout the summer.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher or coursework in one or more of the following: film/video production, animation, graphic design, photography, multimedia, or visual arts.
- Candidates should be natural storytellers and are passionate about capturing experiences through digital media across multiple platforms (video, photo, sound, etc) to engage and inform viewers.
- Able to submit a link to their portfolio/reel.
- Approach projects with the vision and creativity of the producer, director, and editor.
- Experience operating a variety of camera setups, audio equipment, and lights.
- Working knowledge of how to use Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro or Final Cut, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Experience downloading and organizing shot footage.
- Proficiency in major social media platforms and knowledge of best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Comfortable in a digital-first, remote environment.
TechSoup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.