TechTarget is looking for a motivated, creative and analytical thinker with strong communication and leadership skills to join the Brand Products team.
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns across search engines and social platforms. They will also execute on tactical responsibilities to support and grow TechTarget’s display advertising products. This position requires strategic thinking in addition to daily campaign management to drive cost-effective PPC growth and efficient product delivery both domestically and internationally. You will report to the Sr. Director, Brand Solutions
The SEM Specialist will drive keyword research initiatives, campaign reporting and creative design. This role requires strong analytical acumen and a committed work ethic to develop new strategies and campaigns to support the business requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and manage PPC campaigns in support of business goals across TechTarget’s network of web sites;
- Review and optimize PPC campaigns, including thorough analysis of profitability of campaigns, landing page quality, downstream feedback of conversion quality, etc.;
- Generate new ideas for PPC campaign structure and management;
- Weekly and monthly reporting of key performance metrics;
- Work with internal teams to ensure efficient delivery of Brand product campaigns to meet client and business goals;
- Provide tactical assistance to maximize campaign success for Brand products;
- Gather and analyze product data to identify trends and opportunities for growth;
- Report on Brand product performance and KPIs;
- Generate regular product reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly) for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other paid search initiatives.
- Stay current on search engine and PPC industry trends and developments.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Statistics or Mathematics;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly MS Excel);
- Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical, organizational, quantitative and critical thinking skills;
- Capacity to work on multiple projects at once, reprioritize as needed and consistently deliver on time;
- Ability to manage own time accurately and effectively;
- Proven track record of working individually on a project or in a team environment;
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility;
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Desire to learn new industries and new business types quickly and can apply this knowledge to internet marketing initiatives and achieving client or business goals.
- Driven to succeed in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
TechTarget, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. TechTarget strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. TechTarget complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.