Length: June 1st – August 20th 2021
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Work hours: 20 (min) – 35 (max) hours a week
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021
This is an unpaid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Tennessee Holocaust Commission requires the services of an intern to support ongoing marketing efforts, media outreach, and amassing digital communication resources. The intern’s areas of responsibility will include:
· Organizing marketing database of Commission contacts, patrons, and partners
· Implementing the internal communications calendar; drafting and executing social media posts, mass digital communications such as invitations, newsletters, etc.
· Coordinating website development, particularly the implementation of events calendar and blog posts
· Researching and proposing potential media opportunities and partnerships for the Commission
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities, all interns will participate in a weekly professional development seminar and Holocaust education sessions. The goal of these seminars are to educate interns on the history of the Holocaust and to prepare interns for the cultural non-profit workforce.
· Experience, or strong interest, in managing and implementing non-profit marketing strategy
· Strong research and writing skills
· Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft Office and Adobe suites, Facebook, and Twitter
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
· The completion of at least one semester (or equivalent) of college-level coursework. AP level high school coursework may be considered for exceptional applicants.
· Graphic design experience preferred, but not required
· WordPress experience preferred, but not required.
· Knowledge of general 20th century European history; some knowledge of World War II and Holocaust-era history.
How to Apply
· A resume highlighting your experience
· Cover letter addressing: How have your experiences prepared you for this internship with the Tennessee Holocaust Commission, and how would the internship program support your personal and/or professional goals?
· Optional marketing copy, journalism writing, graphic design, or website design work sample
Please send the items listed above with “Marketing Intern [Last Name]” in the subject line in one e-mail to email@example.com.
The deadline for application is March 5th, 2021. Candidates will be notified of interview status no later than March 12th.Candidates are allowed, and encouraged, to apply for more than one internship with the Tennessee Holocaust Commission.
For more information about the Tennessee Holocaust Commission, please visit tnholcom.org. The Tennessee Holocaust Commission is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This position is open to all qualified individuals, and the Commission encourages applications of all backgrounds, race, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation.