Design Engineering intern – Summer 2021
We are the global test and automation experts, powering next-generation technologies through advanced solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne’s leading-edge test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time. Our portfolio of industrial automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver new products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries, applications and the world.
At Teradyne, our Cooperative Education and Internship program is designed to deliver meaningful, challenging and real-life work experiences that are relevant to your career and academic goals. Our program offers practical work experience in a business environment, with the opportunity to contribute and add value to the organization.
If you thrive on solving challenges and love learning about the latest innovative technologies, Teradyne is the place for you. We are the test experts behind many of today’s electronics products – smartphones, tablets, gaming systems, automotive electronics, computers and more. Teradyne is looking for talented people, who share our passion and drive, to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Design Engineering Intern who will work closely with Engineers in the RF Engineering Group. Candidate will work on debugging and design verification of next generation instrumentation to be used to test cellular and WLAN devices.
You will work with Engineers in the Group on the following activities:
- Design Verification of HW in automated processes using equipment such as VNAs, Phase Noise Analyzers, Signal Analyzers and Signal generators,
- Debugging issues with Hardware in the lab
- Work on RF simulations and prototypes
- Collect data and analyze results for margin to specifications
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
- Working towards a in BSEE or MSEE
- BSEE candidates should have taken at least two years (JR Level) of college course work
- Hands-on lab experience with instrumentation including VNA and Spectrum Analyzer preferred.
- Prior Teradyne Coop /Intern experience is a plus but not necessary
- Interest and experience in working with RF circuitry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Able to absorb, assimilate and synthesize information quickly.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented, “hands-on”, and work with minimal supervision
- Must be available to work full time during summer break.
- Must be available to work on site in North Reading, MA location following all Covid Safety Requirements and Guidance.