Temporary Position – Summer Internship position will begin June 1, 2021 and end on August 6, 2021 (40 hours per week).
Please note: Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. We do not offer housing support however,
if you live outside of the Austin area and need assistance with housing referrals or housing search support, contact us at
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en )
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor’s name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
DIVISION: Texas Treasury Safekeeping Trust Company
Hours are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Performs basic (entry-level) through complex (journey-level). Work involves performing fundamental investment research and analysis (i.e. helping with due diligence of prospective/existing investment managers, completing industry reviews, ad-hoc projects, etc.) across asset classes, including public and private fixed income, public and private equity, real assets, and various alternative investment strategies. Students will engage in work activities under the direction and mentoring of the Texas Treasury Safekeeping Trust Company Division.
Students will engage in work activities under the direction and mentoring of the Texas Treasury Safekeeping Trust Company Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in due diligence of prospective/existing investment managers from initial contact to presenting to the Investment Committee.
• Assist in researching, analyzing, and communicating results on assigned geographic regions, economic sectors, and strategies for portfolio management decisions.
• Attend investment manager meetings with Portfolio Managers and document conclusions and discoveries.
• Participate in group discussions regarding potential impact of investments on the portfolio.
• Prepare reports and assist Portfolio Managers with special projects.
• Read industry specific, macroeconomic, microeconomic, financial, general business, and geopolitical research and analysis.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in screening, evaluating, and performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of prospective/existing investment managers, strategies, and funds.
• Maintain documentation supporting investment recommendations and provide written and oral analysis as requested.
• Assist Portfolio Managers in the development of opportunistic and strategic investment themes and plans.
• Prepare detailed summary reports and analysis for internal and external presentation.
• Maintain and update information held in internal systems and databases.
• Perform other related work as assigned.
Must be currently enrolled in and actively attending a graduate program in finance, accounting, business administration or a related area.
Experience or education in institutional investment research, accounting, financial analysis, statistical analysis math, engineering, information technology or a related.
None to Two (2) years.
One (1) additional year of experience working in investment research, analysis, or consulting may substitute for each year of the required education.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer use. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers. May involve moving up to 25 lbs. of office equipment material on a limited basis. The position may require travel to outlying field offices and other locations as necessary. Air and ground travel are required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Securities markets and their operations
• Investment analysis principles and terminology
• Statistical concepts, methods, and their application to investment research analysis
• Financial accounting
• Financial analysis and modeling
• Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas (Communication)
• Identifying, defining and solving problems (Problem Solving)
• Prepare concise reports
• Conduct complex investment due diligence
• Take initiative in researching new investment opportunities
• Work with others to achieve a common goal (Teamwork)
• Adjust to changing workplace demands (Adaptability)
• Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers (Customer Service)
• Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description (Technical Competence)
• Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran’s preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at:
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller’s office is an equal employment opportunity employer.