Statewide Procurement Systems Analyst needed to provide day-to-day maintenance, updates, testing and ensuring ongoing functionality of SPD systems.
Systems Analyst II: $3,900-$4,350
Systems Analyst III: $4,400-$4,800
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS:
Work In Texas (WIT) applicants must complete the supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. In order to complete the supplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login and access your profile. Go to CAPPS Recruit to Sign In (Link: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/304/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en)
All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor’s name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week with occasional evening, weekend and holiday hours. Hours may change based on business needs and may vary in accordance with division policies for Work Alternative Schedules (WALT).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs day-to-day maintenance, updates, testing and ensures ongoing functionality of SPD systems. Works with CPA IT staff as necessary. Provides technical assistance to program staff, contractors, state agencies and other internal and external customers regarding various SPD systems in NetSuite, Java, and other environments. Creates user manuals for SPD systems. Trains internal staff and external customers, as needed.
- Maintains data integrity across various SPD systems. Assists with catalog compliance issues and provides support for new contracts going into Texas SmartBuy. Coordinates contractor catalog revisions. Performs catalog uploads and assists with contractor setup functions. Maintains system data integrity, and reporting data to inform business decisions. Serves as subject matter expert on SPD systems, including NetSuite databases and complex Excel spreadsheets. Performs enhancements, including review of scripts.
- Periodically aids and works with SPD staff to compile, cleanse, finalize data for reports, projects, and solicitations.
- Performs special projects and related other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management Information Systems.
Systems Analyst II:
- Two years of experience with data management, reporting, or analysis.
- Experience working with database technology.
Systems Analyst III:
- Three years of experience with data management, reporting, or analysis.
- Experience working with database technology.
One year of experience working with complex software systems, including but not limited to, NetSuite, Access or other database systems, PeopleSoft, HTML (and other web technologies), SQL
Obtain Certified Texas Contract Development (CTCD) or Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) within one year of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer contact. It requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach as needed for filing and similar routine office duties. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers. The individual must be able to lift, pull, physically handle, and transport records, documents, boxes, and all related information, weighing up to 30 pounds when required. The individual must be able to sit for long periods of time when commuting to and from assigned destination.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The functionality, limitations and capabilities of computer systems used by Statewide Procurement Division.
- Techniques used in the design of non-automated systems, information technology equipment and computer operating systems.
- Basic design and behind-the-scenes technology or software utilized for various programs and systems.
- Techniques and methods utilized for efficient data clean-up.
- The processes for contract development, competitive procurement, contract award and vendor performance reporting.
- Testing, modifying, or suggesting improvements to various computer systems used by SPD.
- Effectively conveying information and encouraging an exchange of ideas. (Communication)
- Identifying, defining, and solving problems. (Problem Solving)
- Learn and analyze systems and procedures, recommending efficiencies where necessary.
- Write and/or revise standards or procedures related to systems.
- Communicate effectively and train others.
- Work with others to achieve a common goal. (Teamwork)
- Adjust to changing workplace demands. (Adaptability)
- Meet the needs and expectations of internal and external customers. (Customer Service)
- Effectively demonstrate skill and ability to perform the specific job duties and tasks as defined by a job description. (Technical Competence)
- Be dependable, meet deadlines and produce high-quality work. (Workload Management/Productivity)
In order to receive veteran’s preference a copy of your DD214, VA disability rating (if applicable) or a DD1300 must be attached to your application.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 25B, IT, 0171,8848 or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications. Please call Human Resources, CPA Veterans Liaison at 512-475-3560/800-531-5441 for more information or assistance.
Go to http://www.texasskillstowork.com, http://www.onetonline.org, or www.careeronestop.org for assistance translating your military experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications/requirements and skill sets.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be found at: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions/
We fully recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and encourage opportunities to hire Veterans, Reservists and Guardsmen.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE CANDIDATE:
Candidates may be asked to participate in a skills demonstration and/or presentation.
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is subject to salary administration and budgetary restrictions.
CPA employees in the same job classification, if selected, will be laterally transferred with no increase in salary. (An example might be an Accounts Examiner III in Revenue Administration who moves to an Accounts Examiner III in the Enforcement division.)
Complete copies of college transcripts must be furnished to the divisional hiring representative at the time of the interview for positions requiring a college degree, and/or specific educational credits.
Unless otherwise indicated on specific postings, regular attendance is an essential job requirement of all positions. Your application for employment with the Comptroller of Public Accounts may subject you to a criminal background check. All positions requiring a degree and/or licensing require proof of degree and/or license at time of interview. If you are scheduled for an interview and require any reasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiring representative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiring representative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request. Only applicants scheduled for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for considering employment at the Comptroller of Public Accounts! The Comptroller’s office is an equal employment opportunity employer.