Only candidates who apply via email to (HR “at” TWDB.texas.gov) with an official State of Texas Application or through the WorkInTexas.com website will be considered for this position. View this position and apply at https://tinyurl.com/ygh6fa57
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, and flexible work hours so you can have a work/life balance! For more information about these benefits and more visit: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
Job Description Summary
Performs routine to complex (journey-level) consultative services and technical assistance work. Work involves assisting with planning, developing, and implementing data remediation projects across multiple funding programs. Prepares supporting documentation, data entry and validation, establishing protocols and standards of data quality, communication with various stakeholders, and preparing status notifications are considered essential tasks. For Program Specialist (PS) II & III candidates, creating and presenting training materials to staff on data integrity procedures is expected. Work will primarily take place with the agencys financial assistance and project management database, TxWISE, but could also encompass any other agency-maintained databases. Provides consultative services and technical assistance to program staff. Works under moderate to general supervision, with limited to moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Reporting Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, develops, and implements data remediation projects in coordination with other stakeholders and the manager.
- Manages project coordination to include identifying additional staffing resources to assist and ensuring the projects completion to the original scope of work.
- Prepares support documentation to substantiate all data remediation projects and any other minor data reconciliation entries.
- Completes data entry in consultation with subject matter experts or management and validates the accuracy of the data entry upon completion.
- Works across office divisions to develop data quality protocols, where applicable and implements standards developed by the agencys Data Services Department.
- Communicates data remediation projects to management and stakeholders and provides adequate and timely notices of major events during the projects implementation.
- Assists with developing software applications or programming as a means for improvements of data integrity.
- PS II & III only: Creates training presentations or guidance materials to inform staff about the proper procedures when handling or updating data.
- Updates and maintains all existing desktop procedures related to their essential job functions.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agencys records retention procedures and schedule.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
- May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PS I: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree or at least four-years of work experience.
- PS II: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree and at least one to two years of work experience in a data validation role, database management, monitoring financial assistance programs, working in the water industry, and/or working with surveys, grants, government research, medical data entry, or statistics.
- PS III: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree and at least three to five years of progressive work experience in a data validation role, database management, monitoring financial assistance programs, working in the water industry, and/or working with surveys, grants, government research, medical data entry, or statistics.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Excel building tables and manipulating data.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access building queries, tables, relational databases, and reports.
- Previous state agency database data entry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the Reporting Department; and of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of financial systems, word processing, database querying, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of state and federal financial assistance programs.
- Skills in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Access.
- Skills in use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skills in interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to work schedules, follow procedures with respect to leave and submit accurate timesheets by prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
- Ability to perform effectively and willingly when changes occur in scope and nature of the work and work environment.
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine work assignments accurately and on-time with little or no supervision.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and improve work habits and/or output.
- Ability to complete assigned work, on time, neatly and with infrequent errors.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate assistance and clear and concise communication to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to stand/sit/move with no physical limitations or aids to perform activities such as retrieve/replace files in a large file system for boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel 5% of the time, primarily within the State of Texas.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (state or personal) for state business and maintain a drivers license and driving record that complies with state and agency requirements.
- Ability to work days that may exceed 8 hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work accurately with numerical details in a fast-paced, high volume setting.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to work effectively in a dependable, organized and productive manner in order to plan and arrange workload to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and leader in a courteous and effective manner.