Only candidates who apply via email to (HR “at” TWDB.texas.gov) with an official State of Texas Application or through the WorkInTexas.com website will be considered for this position. View this position and apply at https://tinyurl.com/yjkp5qcy
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, and flexible work hours so you can have a work/life balance! For more information about these benefits and more visit: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/benefits.asp.
Job Description Summary
Performs routine (journey-level) staff services and facilities-related work for the Support Services Department. Work involves planning and coordinating several staff services functions such as fleet coordination, mail operations, property accounting, receiving, office moves, courier services and minor maintenance items. May train others. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Support Services Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs agency motor pool activities, coordinates maintenance and repairs of vehicles, assignment of vehicles and other related fleet tasks.
- Receives and delivers office items and supplies that have been ordered by the agency to include inventory tagging for controlled and capitalized equipment as specified by the Comptroller and enters and manages inventory in the State Property Accounting system.
- Assists with building access cards and parking for staff and visitors.
- Assists with telecommunications including telephone line installations and moves as well as voice mail set up.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing mail; ensures all incoming checks are logged properly and distributed.
- Assists in performing annual physical inventory of agency property.
- Assists in the coordinating the sale and salvage of all unusable agency property.
- Assists Finance with State Property Accounting reconciliation and preparation of Annual Financial Report.
- Provides daily courier services such as bank deposits, treasury deposits, and hand deliveries.
- Sets up meetings and recordings for Board meetings, work sessions, conferences and agency-wide meetings.
- Performs office moves, office rearrangements, modular unit reconfigurations, and other logistical arrangements.
- Procures office supplies from the central store and delivers to staff and maintains budget for such activities.
- Coordinates and oversees the maintenance of copiers, office equipment and facilities.
- Assists with safety and risk management activities such as addressing safety concerns, coordinating first aid training for staff, updating safety manuals, and assisting with building evacuations.
- Operates a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agencys records retention procedures and schedule.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
- May train others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One-year experience in facilities or support services-related work.
- Experience with the State of Texas.
- Experience in mailroom or receiving operations.
- Experience in general building maintenance.
- Experience in property accounting or property inventory.
- Experience coordinating or managing a fleet program.
- Experience utilizing fleet management software such as the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts AgileAssets Fleet Management System.
- Experience in purchasing activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the Support Services Department; and of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of office management.
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement methods and procedures.
- Skills in using Microsoft Office program such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skills in use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Skills in coordinating activities.
- Skills in critical thinking.
- Ability to adhere to work schedules, follow procedures with respect to leave and submit accurate timesheets by prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
- Ability to perform effectively and willingly when changes occur in scope and nature of the work and work environment.
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine work assignments accurately and on-time with little or no supervision.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and improve work habits and/or output.
- Ability to complete assigned work, on time, neatly and with infrequent errors.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate assistance and clear and concise communication to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and schedule work in order to maintain regular progress on assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to stand/sit/move with no physical limitations or aids to perform activities such as retrieve/replace files in a large file system for boxes up to 75 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, primarily within the State of Texas.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (state or personal) for state business and maintain a drivers license and driving record that complies with state and agency requirements.
- Ability to work days that may exceed 8 hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work a schedule of 8:00 am through 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to study and evaluate programs and propose recommendations.