Only candidates who apply via email to (HR “at” TWDB.texas.gov) with an official State of Texas Application or through the WorkInTexas.com website will be considered for this position. View this position and apply at https://tinyurl.com/yh9jxeje
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, and flexible work hours so you can have a work/life balance! For more information about these benefits and more visit: http://www.twdb.texas.gov/jobs/benefits.asp
Job Description Summary
Performs complex (journey-level) financial assistance work. Work involves compiling, reviewing and analyzing financial data. Providing customer services and technical assistance to internal and external customers regarding outlay and escrow release processing for all TWDB financial assistance programs, including the Flood Infrastructure Fund program. As part of a collaborative team, computes, analyzes, prepares and processes outlays and escrow releases. Responsible for ensuring that all documents are maintained with exemplary organization, quality and are accurately prepared for review and payment processing/release in a timely manner. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Manager of the Outlays & Escrows Department.
Essential Job Functions
- Computes, analyzes, prepares and processes outlays and escrow releases in accordance with approved guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures all documents are maintained with exemplary organization, quality and are accurate for review and payment processing and/or release.
- Updates Outlay templates and provides customers with updated copies.
- Prints and logs incoming Outlays.
- Processes information by auditing and verifying financial data.
- Ensures compliance with established procedures, requirements, laws and regulations, completeness of data and presence of adequate documentation.
- Updates profiles of entities to ensure that information is current and accurate.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensures individual and team files (electronic and hard versions) are appropriately maintained and timely disposed of in accordance with the agencys records retention procedures and schedule.
- Maintains required certifications and licenses and meets the continuing education needs and requirements of the position to include, attending mandatory training courses.
- May be required to operate a state or personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field.
- One to two years of experience in accounting and/or finance.
- Two years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
- Previous experience processing payments in a government setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to Outlays & Escrows Department; and of the principles and practices of public administration.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skills in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Access.
- Skills in use of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Ability to adhere to work schedules, follow procedures with respect to leave and submit accurate timesheets by prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to make mature, objective decisions and identify areas of potential problems.
- Ability to perform effectively and willingly when changes occur in scope and nature of the work and work environment.
- Ability to perform routine and non-routine work assignments accurately and on-time with little or no supervision.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and improve work habits and/or output.
- Ability to complete assigned work, on time, neatly and with infrequent errors.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to provide prompt, courteous and accurate assistance and clear and concise communication to internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to stand/sit/move with no physical limitations or aids to perform activities such as retrieve/replace files in a large file system for boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel <5% of the time, primarily within the State of Texas.
- Ability to operate a vehicle (state or personal) for state business and maintain a drivers license and driving record that complies with state and agency requirements.
- Ability to work days that may exceed 8 hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work accurately with numerical details in a high-volume setting.