Regional Youth Engagement Coordinator – Hourly
Reports to: Executive Director
TextLess Live More seeks a recent college graduate seeking the opportunity to travel, work closely with a small team, engage youth, and join our mission to end distracted driving. As a Youth Engagement Coordinator, you will work within the network of our partner, Students Against Destructive Decisions [SADD] to engage, attract, and support youth leadership throughout the Southeast United States in their efforts to launch and maintain TLLM initiatives in their communities. You will present on our mission, brainstorm with chapters, and oversee their work throughout the course of the school year. You will also be responsible for record-keeping and building out a network of TLLM supporters in your region. Applicants must be deeply committed to grassroots organizing and building relationships for TLLM with high school and college students to engage their peers in taking actions to end distracted driving and make the roads safer for all. This is a 1099 position contracted at 40 hours per week from August 2021-June 2022.
TextLess Live More (TLLM) is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a mission to end distracted driving permanently, prevent accidents associated with distracted driving and save lives, as well as to promote digital wellness among the nation’s youth. Learn more about us at www.textlesslivemore.org
- Make connections with existing SADD chapters in the Southeast region
- Speak to high schools and community groups in your region not yet affiliated with SADD
- Introduce TextLess Live More to SADD chapters in the Southeast
- Serve as the point of contact for SADD chapters and advisors regarding TextLess Live More
- Keep a detailed record of engagements, contact information, and important programmatic information
A successful candidate is a self starter with:
- A Bachelor’s degree and belief in the power of young people
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Experience in education, youth engagement, or community organizing preferred
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than June 18, 2021.