Part-Time Assessment Operations Assistant
Location: Flexible within the United States
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet’s Assessment Operations Team provides seamless guidance and support to our content specialists so we achieve all Math and English and Language Arts (ELA) production milestones in a timely and accurate manner. We are seeking a Part-Time Assessment Operations Assistant to assist the Assessment Operations Team with the development, design, and production of standards-based Math and ELA interim assessments to be administered online and on paper.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Collaborate with the Assessment Operations Team on the production and quality assurance of ANet’s interim assessments and their delivery in our online platform.
● Aid in the creation and revision of assessments in ANet’s Assessment Tool by selecting items, completing layout, and adhering to ANet’s style guide and assessment design principles
● Support in completing quality assurance testing of ANet’s online assessment delivery system (ADS) and its integration with ANet’s Assessment Tool
● Proofread and input items and passages into ANet’s Paper and Online Quiz Tool
● Implement improvements to online items, assessments, and analysis guides based on editor and team input
Collaborate on special projects including, but not limited to:
● Build assessments for partner-specific requests, such as content vetting
● Help to ensure all students have an equitable experience with our assessments by supporting with accommodations, including reviewing Text to Speech in our online platform
● Support with emerging production needs related to 2021 assessment creation and administration
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, ideal candidates should demonstrate the following:
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and Adobe Acrobat
● Bring exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
● Strong editing skills and understanding of grammar rules
● Comfort learning and using new software, applications, and online platforms
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
● Ability to work independently and manage projects
● Ability to meet deadlines and balance shifting priorities
● Comfort with working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented environment
● Passionate commitment to and sense of urgency for the support of schools and believe that all students can achieve at high levels
● Motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a part-time position (15-25 hours per week) and is paid at a rate of $15.50/hour. ANet is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented organization that is committed to the professional development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools to close the achievement gap.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.