Research Professional, CEEE Advertisement
The American College of Financial Services (The College), a regionally accredited and nonprofit higher education institution located in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, supports the financial services industry through professional education, graduate studies, relevant research, and customized learning solutions.
The College seeks to hire a research and project management professional to assist the CEEE with research and provide project management support relating to its Four Steps Forward initiative, to promote upward mobility and wealth building for Black America. Key elements of the initiative include financial literacy for black women and an executive leadership program for up-and-coming black leaders in financial services. This opportunity provides an experienced researcher the potential to shape and implement key research-related elements of the Center’s exciting and ambitious vision to promote economic justice through financial services.
The research professional will work directly with senior researchers at the CEEE as well as learning and development professionals at the College to facilitate the creation of research relating to economic empowerment and equality, and to integrate those findings into educational resources. The ideal professional will have an in-depth understanding of academic research processes combined with the project management skills of a business administrative function.
- Working closely with the CEEE Executive Director and the Academics team at The American College, the consultant shall manage project-related deadlines in connection with research projects for The College’s Four Steps Forward initiative including assisting with conducting focus group research, and the development and fielding of surveys to financial advisors and other professionals.
- Assisting with developing reports and communications related to the research projects.
- Design research protocols and activities relating to program design and assessment.
- Additional administrative duties relating to operations and executing the Center’s research and operations.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s-level graduate degrees required
- Minimum 7-9 years experience in research, financial services, consulting, or related fields.
- Well-versed and conversant in research methodologies (qualitative or quantitative) and research processes.
- Strong communication, editing, and writing skills, including the ability to distill complex research outputs into applied learning for corporate audiences. The ability to understand scientific concepts and approaches sufficiently to communicate those concepts, as well as edit the work product of other researchers.
- Skillful at continually learning new subjects, reading technical documents, and synthesizing information effectively and efficiently.
- Effective time management skills; ability to meet deadlines with high-quality work products.
- The desire to work with people and internal processes, to elevate goals towards shared outcomes.