The Senior Software Engineer role works as the technical leader and driver of the Software Engineering team to help deliver innovative solutions for The College, its clients, and partners. Provide ongoing development, support, and maintenance for the central college commerce platform and internal applications that utilize PHP and Drupal 7/8 on Linux web servers. Develop custom integrations leveraging internal and third-party SOAP/REST APIs. Establish and communicate standards to manage cost and ensure continuity of applications and work with outside vendors and agencies when developing tests to ensure feature functionality. Provide first-level support in researching and addressing issues for business systems applications and work directly with system users on process efficiency through the system.
The Sr. Software Engineering role as a back-end developer and full-stack skillset includes proven problem-solving capabilities and the ability to learn the College’s custom Drupal commerce implementation quickly. Experiencing working in a Linux environment and a thorough understanding of the LAMP stack is critical in this role’s success.
You will be:
- Collaborate with business analysts, project managers & other engineers daily.
- Deliver new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to the College’s current Drupal installations.
- Optimize applications for performance, scalability, and durability.
- Help integrate Drupal with various applications within the College.
- Serve as the leader and mentor for other engineers on the team