The American Red Cross is looking for a Data Strategist, Decision Support. The candidate will work remote/virtually from a home-office with occasional in-person meetings as necessary.
Maintain one or more complex databases. Implement procedures to control access and allocation of data, and maintain security controls. Maintain database definitions and documentation. Responsible for instructing and checking the work of other staff.
Assist the Senor Director, Decision Support in developing and maintaining a strategic view for Humanitarian Services data that aligns with IT’s Enterprise Data Strategy. In collaboration with IT, maintain one or more complex databases. Implement procedures to control access and allocation of data and maintain security controls. Maintain database definitions and documentation. Responsible for instructing and checking the work of other staff.
Preferred Qualification: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator preferred.
1. Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
2. Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries.
3. Establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
4. Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
5. Prepare and/or review activity, progress, and performance reports.
- Advise the Senior Director, Decision Support on Humanitarian Services data strategy.
- Collaborate on data-related matters across Humanitarian Services projects and with the IT Enterprise Data Strategy Team.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries. Establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
- Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization.
- Prepare and/or review activity, progress, and performance reports.
Must be able to work with enterprise architecture; develop database solutions to help the business; design and communicate to the development team and explain technical details to leadership and key stakeholders in a language they understand.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Discipline/Major Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field. Professional Certifications/Licenses Microsoft Certified Database Administrator may be preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 to 7 years required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $114K+/-. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.