AAAPI Curatorial Internship
The BMA’s Department of the Arts of Africa, Asia, the Americas, and Pacific Islands is seeking an Intern to assist with researching exhibitions related to Arctic artistry and women’s textile art in the Pacific region. They will have the opportunity to work within The Museum System (TMS) collections database and assist with reinstalling the AAAPI Galleries which have been temporarily closed due to construction. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in curatorial or research work, particularly of non-western art.
· Research relevant exhibitions and artistry
· Catalogue artwork, update object records, and enter notes into TMS
· Assist with tasks related to the reinstallation of the AAAPI galleries
· Organizational skills
· Writing/Communication skills
· Research skills
· Experience working in a database a plus
· This position can be performed as a hybrid structure with some potential onsite work.
Ideally, the Intern will work 8 hours onsite and 8 hours remotely (pending BMA policies and
guidelines this Fall).
· This position will meet during the week.
Please follow the Application Instructions provided. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.