The Boarding School seeks a team of driven self-starters with a passion for youth empowerment and holding organizations accountable, to lead its fundraising efforts. Development Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Help raise $350k+ by researching, identifying, and tracking our most important donors, key prospects, and foundations,
- Build, cultivate donor relationships by communicating with donors over the phone and in writing,
- Maintain a donor management platform, ensuring contact profiles, donation entries, activity tracking, reports are accurate,
- Write grant applications, organize fundraising events and deliver pitches.
Our work is constantly evolving and growing — there could be additional responsibilities depending on what your interests are and what is needed.
- Previous donor relationship management, grant-writing, or fundraising experience,
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized,
- Able to work under tight deadlines,
- Strong writing, communication, follow-up, and interpersonal skills,
- Prior advocacy, education, startup, think tank, or political campaign experience is a plus.
As part of our tight-knit team of young people, Development Coordinators benefit from:
- Work directly with the Executive Director and Board of Directors,
- Help foster The Boarding School’s fundraising strategy,
- Build relationships with mission-aligned donors, philanthropists, and foundations, and most importantly, other young people!
- Experience in fundraising for startup nonprofits.