STAT is a mission-driven online media publication focused on finding and reporting compelling and important stories about health, medicine, and scientific discovery. We attract and engage an influential audience of readers in the life sciences industry — from executives and scientists, to academics, physicians, and other health care professionals — as well as a general readership interested in health and science. At five years old, STAT is a late-stage startup with a fast-paced environment, eager to continue growing a national and international reputation.
STAT is looking for a temporary part-time editor to work as a utility player in the afternoons and evenings, approximately 3-8 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday for a three-month period , with the possibility of extension. Remote work or work at our Boston offices would be welcome.
- Copy editing stories, videos, and graphics
- Some top-line editing of stories
- Assist in editing of newsletters and other copy, including reports, and event materials
- Help winnow through outside pitches for opinion pieces
- Help make updates to our style guide
- Assist with social media as needed
- At least two years of editing experience is required, as well as familiarity with AP style
- Some background in health and science is a plus, but not a requirement. Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, and/or HubSpot is also a plus.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
Pay rate is $20-$35 per hour (depending on experience)
All applicants must include a cover letter in order to be considered.