Digital Media Designer / temp to hire
Salary: $48 – 58K depending on experience
Start date: Immediately / 6 mo freelance commitment. The gig could convert to salary during that timeframe.
Location: Remote until Covid lifts. Ideally move to Springfield, IL post covid; the company may be flexible on this point for the right candidate.
Auto parts retailer is in need of a Digital Designer with a strong grasp on digital media design and development. This person will perform various graphic design duties, such as creating and producing marketing collateral through a wide range of digital mediums, including: coded responsive emails (8 – 10 per week), landing pages, digital display ads, marketing promotions and more.
Interview Process: Part of the interview process will involve the design & responsive coding of a web banner.
- Design and develop responsive emails using HTML.
- Design and develop landing pages and other online assets with knowledge of responsive design.
- Implement creative in various admin systems
- Maintain a solid knowledge of leading practices in email usability techniques.
- Provide meaningful insights into business performance; make recommendations for improvements, new content, new initiatives, opportunities, etc. that will drive business growth.
- Engage with Digital Business Unit counterparts for input on future development initiatives.
- Design assets for the digital business unit as needed (ads, banner, icons, web pages, etc.).
- Assist with special department projects at the direction of the Supervisors, Managers, Directors or Vice President.
- Manage multiple projects and adapt to changing schedules in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Rigorous attention to detail and an overall commitment to quality is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or a field closely related
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a digital design role
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience and working knowledge of HTML
- Experience in designing interface mockups, mock-ups in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, XD, etc.) with responsive design in mind.
- Must be well-versed in digital design trends and best practices
- Experience researching and implementing new technologies.
- Ability to test and debug emails for cross browser support.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to act as a liaison between Marketing and Creative Services departments.
- Knowledgeable about the web and emerging technologies.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage projects, be organized and set clear priorities.
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills.
- Proactive, self-starter who is comfortable in a team oriented work environment.
Tip the Scales
- Automotive knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with web analytics.
We appreciate your time in reading the entire job description. Before reflexes jump in, please pause. Does the above truly describe your skillset? Will the work + life balance integrate well with your discipline and work ethic? If yes and yes, we’d like to know you better!