Interim Program Manager
This is a temporary position for the duration of an employee’s maternity leave with opportunity for extension/permanent hire.
Start Date: October 2021 End Date: January 2022
FULL TIME | BOSTON – REMOTE
We’re based in Boston, MA however, due to the pandemic we are currently working remotely. This position is mostly remote but there may be in person meetings if/when safe to do so.
The Program Manager is a unique opportunity to get involved in supporting female founders, working in the Startup Ecosystem and interacting with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators and community organizations around. You will be in charge of creating & executing all of the programming & events for The Capital Network (TCN). You’ll manage our Fellowship for Female Founders and bring together investors, experienced entrepreneurs, and industry champions to provide high-quality education, resources and network to entrepreneurs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
TCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We welcome individuals from different backgrounds to join us, increase our diversity of thought, and enhance our culture.
What You’ll Do:
– Manage our Female Founder Fellowship Program, including communication with fellows, providing resources, collecting feedback, preparing for the next cohort etc
– Manage execution, logistics, and production of fundraising workshops, events and other programming for entrepreneurs.
– Foster relationships with community partners, including investment groups, co-working spaces, other startup organizations and members of the ecosystem
– Collect and manage feedback from our fellows, the community and stakeholders to continuously improve our programs and uncover new opportunities
– Assist with creation and execution of marketing campaigns to support TCN & various partnerships
– Recruit & Manage Interns
– Support strategy work and general business development
You’re YOU! and we love that. Here are some of the things we look for in a team mate!
Outlook: Have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to help
Adaptable & Efficient: Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with independent work and trial & error.
Organized & Communicative: Able to juggle multiple responsibilities, while prioritizing and managing your time & love working in a small team environment and be a clear and friendly communicator.
Experience: 1 – 3 years of experience planning events and/or building communities.
WordPress skills are a plus but not necessary.
Non-profit fundraising experience is a plus but not necessary.
Hey! See yourself in some of these qualifiers but not all of them? That’s ok – apply anyway and we can chat about it!
Why You Should Join Us:
We believe that our work is fulfilling and rewarding because we’re supporting women & other New Majority founders and building a more inclusive and equitable ecosystem.
You’re joining a collaborative, inclusive, kind & fun team and a network of inspiring innovators & supportive mentors.
You’ll take ownership over important projects & you’ll make an impact on our organization and the community.
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com telling us about yourself by answering these questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with female founders and startups, and why at The Capital Network in particular.
- Why You: Tell us what excites you the most about this position and why.
- Name an event you would create that would fit in with the Capital Network’s mission and benefit entrepreneurs.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than 1 single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you!