The Carroll Center for the Blind is planning our first ever 5K race and we need your help to make it a success! Join us as event ambassadors and, together, we can make an impact on so many individuals with vision impairments or blindness and give them the opportunity to thrive in our life-changing programs.
The role of an ambassador is to lead, promote, and recruit which are all crucial to the success of this fundraising event.
• Promote the event to your social network, media channels, family, friends, classmates, and colleagues to encourage them to get involved.
• Recruit a minimum of 5 individuals to register to run, walk, or bike the 5K.
• Lead your recruits and share with them fundraising tools (provided by The Carroll Center) to help them each raise a minimum of $500.
• This is a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours for college applications, give back through work volunteer programs, and support your community through a wonderful cause.
o Earn volunteer hours and credit needed for your resume and/or college application.
o Gain recognition by The Carroll Center for the Blind of your volunteer time and commitment.
o Obtain new skills and leadership experience.
o Community service hours.
• The official event date is Sunday, April 25, 2021 to celebrate on a virtual Zoom with all that participated.
• For more information or to get involved, contact the Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.