[REMOTE OR HYBRID OPPORTUNITY, 10+/HOURS A WEEK, UNPAID]
Are you a college student who has an interest in gaining hands-on experience in nonprofit, mission-focused marketing? The Carroll Center for the Blind is seeking a positive, energetic Digital Marketing Intern for an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on work experience and training. As a Digital Marketing Intern, you’ll gain valuable experience in the nonprofit marketing field doing copywriting and editing, email marketing, and competitive research.
This internship will begin in September and the minimum commitment required is for the duration of the school semester. This position is remote with the opportunity to be hybrid. If you are interested in being hybrid and coming to campus, you must be fully vaccinated. We’re happy to consider a candidate based anywhere in the US.
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 4,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community.
- Assisting with the design and execution of social media presence and possible paid campaigns.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of current marketing efforts in reaching target markets and recommend improvements.
- Aiding content creation efforts including blogs, sell sheets, ads, and other creative pieces.
- Tracking social media engagement through analytics.
- Digital marketing & competitive research analysis.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in marketing, communications or human services.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel & Google Docs.
- Experience using Canva, Photoshop, etc.
- Well-versed in Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.
Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com.