Do you love cats? Do you love digital marketing and social media? If so, you’ve just found the purrfect internship that will earn you real-world experience!
The Catnip Times is a world renown source for cat news, educational content and entertainment for cat enthusiasts in over 200 countries with over 1 million followers around the world. As you may have surmised, we love cats and focus 100% of content on creating a better world for cats and their owners. We partner with major brands (Purina, Tidy Cats) and major non-profits (ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, etc) to help make the world a better place for cats and their owners. Our articles and content are highly researched to ensure we’re a top trusted source for information about cats.
What We’re Looking For…
We are looking for communications and/or journalism students interested in getting real-world experience in digital marketing including SEO, social media marketing, and content creation (blog writing). We have two business lines to support and are looking for someone who can dedicate up to 10 hours a week building a social media presence. We are flexible with your time and your study schedule – school first!).
- Create blog posts that educate and inform readers
- Create social media posts that are engaging and follow best practices for posting on social media
- Adhere to brand voice and brand standards
- Review content from a variety of points of view – to ensure whatever is being posted is in good taste, not offensive or out to step with our brand.
- Content should be written in a casual but professional tone that keeps readers engaged and inspires them to take action and to come back for more
- Utilize ‘keywords’ to increase search engine optimization (SEO)
- 100% original copy/content
- Impeccable grammar and interesting diction
- Assignments are tailored to the student and the goals that the student has for him/herself
- We respect your time and recognize that school work always comes first… we hope this opportunity adds to your resume and helps to set you apart from other students
- A variety of marketing tools will be provided including social media marketing and scheduling, keyword research, wordpress and Google suite and others. If you’re not familiar, not to worry! We’ll train you.
What You Get
In addition to a worldwide stage… we are happy to provide a letter of recommendation to future employers for your contributions as well as a recommendation on LinkedIn so that you can build your professional profile. You’ll gain experience in digital marketing, SEO, social media marketing, etc. In addition, for students looking for a little more – you’ll have the opportunity to participate in journalistic writing, editing, public relations, interviewing, etc. for a major online publication with a solid reputation. You’ll also gain mentorship from a 20+ year marketing veteran who has served in leadership positions at numerous Fortune 50 companies like Allstate, General Electric, Discover Financial Services, Citi and others.
Schedule: Flexible. We’ll work with the student to find hours that work with them and that will allow them to take part in other activities during the summer.