- Reports to: China Policy Analyst, China Program Coordinator
- Department: National Security and International Policy
- Position classification: Internship
American Progress is offering a virtual summer internship with the National Security and International Policy (NSIP) team. The selected candidate will assist the NSIP China subteam with substantive research on China’s domestic politics and foreign relations. In your cover letter, please indicate your level of Mandarin language proficiency and elaborate on your experience conducting research using Chinese-language sources.
- Support the research efforts of the China Policy Analyst and China Program Coordinator.
- Translate and provide preliminary analysis of Chinese language sources.
- Draft, edit, and contribute research to memos, columns, event summaries, and reports.
- Attend and report on virtual policy meetings, seminars, hearings, and lectures.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Advanced Mandarin Chinese proficiency.
- Experience conducting research in Mandarin, including reading government documents, news articles, press releases, etc.
- Interest in China’s domestic politics and foreign relations. Interest in China’s technology policy, climate policy, and/or security policy is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to be thorough.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle several different research streams at once.
American Progress interns are paid at the D.C. minimum wage rate of $15 per hour. Interns will receive paid time off for federal holidays.