The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists is a nonprofit organization based in the US that provides business and entrepreneurial education to artists. clarkhulingsfund.org/about
Mentorship: Some internships consist of busy work and filing. At The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists, we know the main purpose of an internship is education, and we focus on putting interns with strong, experienced mentors who can instill pivotal insights they can carry into their professional lives forever.
Learning: CHF maintains a robust learning program available to ALL its constituents, so learning is the DNA of every internship. This often includes live, interactive tutorials that train interns on how to execute projects effectively in a professional context.
The Clark Hulings Fund for Visual Artists seeks a Sales and Business Development Intern to assist in driving Business-to-Business and Business-to-Consumer sales for our nonprofit organization.
We deliver high-impact professional development training for artist entrepreneurs with the mission to help them transform their lives and build thriving small businesses.
This intern position involves both working with existing clients and prospects, and seeking new ones. We cultivate arts organizations and others who serve groups of artists, as well as seeking sponsorship and partnership with nonprofit and for-profit industry players. This is not high-pressure sales; it primarily involves spreading awareness, building relationships, and assisting artists and organizations who are eager to take advantage of our vast resources for art-business learning. Our artists and art organization partners are appreciative and engaged, and enjoy working with us as a respected provider of top-level training.
- Outreach, communication and follow up with new and existing prospects
- Using LinkedIn to evaluate and connect with potential B2B partners and clients
- Development and expansion of an affiliate system to drive digital campus membership
- Assistance in building and updating a CRM database
- Working in group strategy sessions to increase engagement, and drive repeat business
- Occasional one-to-one communication and support for artists via email
An ideal candidate for this intern position would be:
- Interested in the arts, entrepreneurship, or small business development
- Highly-organized and able to follow through with leads, conversations, and projects
- A quick study who can understand and work in systems and with online tools
- Able to work as part of a team in developing strategies, setting and reaching goals, troubleshooting and implementing changes
- Able to have conversations with decision-makers and leaders in a mature, engaged fashion
- An independent thinker who can add to the value of our sales team through gained insights