The Concord Group, one of the nation’s leading real estate strategy consulting firms, is seeking candidates for its Associate Consultant position in its Newport Beach, San Francisco and Atlanta offices.
The Concord Group advises top developers, builders, private equity firms, financial institutions and municipalities on real estate development, land use, and financing decisions. Our firm’s strength is derived from the passion, curiosity, and ability of its consultants, who are drawn from a broad array of professional and educational backgrounds.
The Associate Consultant position is an outstanding opportunity for recent college graduates who desire to expand their knowledge of the real estate industry in a strategic consulting function. Associates work collaboratively on teams and are encouraged to assume project leadership roles and client responsibilities as they develop their skill sets.
The Associate Consultant is integral to the daily operation of the firm and will have an active role in all aspects of consulting engagements, including:
- Creatively utilizing a multitude of resources to create reports that drive to key strategic conclusions;
- Collaborating with team members, principals, and clients;
- Planning and conducting essential research and interviews;
- Solving complex problems using qualitative and financial analyses;
- Developing results-driven client strategies; and
- Synthesizing conclusions into client-focused recommendations.
The Associate Consultant position involves computer work (doing research, modeling data using Excel, creating attractive tables/charts/maps, and analyzing results), travel (local, national and occasionally international); and written and spoken presentation/communication of results.
Note that due to the health concerns and impacts of COVID-19, the position is fully remote at this time, but Associates will be expected to work out of the physical offices once health threats no longer exist. For the remainder of the work-from-home period, The Concord Group will only consider applicants who are able to reside in the following states: California, Oregon, Ohio, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Georgia.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Positive, team-oriented attitude;
- Strong interest in consulting, urban planning, economics, and/or real estate development;
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree (or graduating 2021);
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills;
- Intuitive problem-solving and critical thinking capacity; and
- Ability to effectively balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Have a valid driver’s license or be willing and able to get one within a month of your start date (for site visits/business travel).
To apply, please complete the linked application form with your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript (with your name on it).
Start date is flexible depending on mutual timing. Applications without the required documentation will not be considered.
The Concord Group offers a highly competitive compensation structure including performance-based bonuses, vacation, paid holidays, sick time off, full health benefits, and a profit sharing/401K plan.
The Concord Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.