Events and Programming Intern
The DEC Network
Start Date: Mid-August 2022 (can be flexible)
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Supervision: Manager of Events and Programming & Director of Events and Marketing
Events and Programming Responsibilities
- Assist in creating and editing copy for virtual platform Brushfire
- Assist with speaker prep to ensure speakers are comfortable and prepared
- Assist with speaker management and coordination
- Assist with managing virtual events and in-person events
- Assist with pre-event and post-event tasks
- Assist with coming up with content and event ideas for future programming
- Create content for social media in real time while attending Network events
- Other project and task assignments as needed
- A team player attitude
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and take on new tasks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to work 15+ hours per week
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Sheets
- Must be enrolled part- or full-time in an accredited university
- Must be able to work in-person events
Must be in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area
This is not a paid position.
About The DEC Network
The DEC Network is a non-profit organization that drives innovation and economic impact by helping entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their businesses.
With multiple innovation hubs across DFW, we offer community, mentorship, and signature programs that provide connections and partnerships between startups, corporate innovators, and investors to accelerate innovation and funding.
- Innovation hubs across DFW including The DEC@Redbird and The DEC@Common Desk.
- Signature programming that includes Dallas Startup Week, Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Dallas, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Fort Worth and various events across the Metroplex (note: all upcoming events will be virtual unless otherwise noted).
- Partnerships between investors, corporations and startup organizations across the country, and our persistence to bring high-quality programming and new funding to our region.
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.