DART is a network of 23 diverse and multi-faith community organizations fighting for racial and economic justice in the Midwest, Plains, and southeastern US.
We’re hiring full-time community organizers who will train people of faith to hold political and economic systems accountable for acting fairly. This includes coaching clergy and lay leaders to uncover community problems, research solutions, and organize direct actions to call for change.
Positions start August 9, 2021 in:
FLORIDA: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers, West Palm Beach, Sarasota, St. Petersburg
KANSAS: Johnson County and Wyandotte County, Lawrence, Topeka
KENTUCKY: Louisville, Lexington
SOUTH CAROLINA: Charleston
***Our community organizers are currently working remotely until face to face meetings are safe****
During your first five months, you will receive intensive on-the-job training through the DART Organizers Institute. You will learn basic organizing principles and develop key organizing skills including: finding and developing leaders, issue research and strategy, power analysis, and one-to-one meetings. Ongoing professional development will continue through individualized coaching and mentoring, as well as local, regional, and national staff trainings and retreats.
· Train grassroots faith leaders in building strong justice ministry teams within their congregations
· Help leaders conduct research and develop action plans for winnable issue campaigns
· Recruit new leaders and congregations into the organization
· Organize annual 6-8 week fundraising drive
· Conduct an average of 8 one-to-one meetings with clergy and lay leaders per week
· Core passion for justice and equality
· Excellent relationship-building skills
· Exceptional work ethic
· Willingness to be trained to work with religious institutions
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a car
DART organizations are diverse coalitions including many low- and moderate-income, minority and immigrant communities. We strongly encourage people from these backgrounds, as well as fluent Spanish speakers and DACA recipients, to apply.
Starting salary is $40,000 annually plus health benefits, paid vacation, parental leave, mileage reimbursement. Employer retirement contributions begin after one year of employment.
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to attend an online info session on January 13th at 6pm eastern to RSVP please go to https://thedartcenter.org/info
Apply by clicking on the green “apply externally” button.
Applicants will only be contacted after they have filled out both parts of the external application.