Are you a competitive sales professional who enjoys helping businesses grow? Come join us at KBZK-TV in Bozeman as a media account executive! This E.W. Scripps news station is looking for an experienced sales professional who is hungry for new business development to partner with local businesses through creative and effective advertising.
As an Account Executive, you’ll work with local sales management to help businesses reach their potential through leading commercial and digital advertising solutions. We’ll give you the tools you need to excel, like our coveted Scripps Sales Process training, along with continuous professional development opportunities. You’ll be boots on the ground and have the backing of a quality news product to reach your goals and earn a competitive commission.
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their whole selves to work – a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar – like our passion for journalism — as much as we celebrate our differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be responsible for selling commercial and digital advertising solutions, such as: Over-The-Top (OTT); search engine optimization (SEO); search engine marketing (SEM); social media; and broadcast commercial airtime to small, medium, large businesses and advertising agencies.
- Prospect, develop and maintain new business relationships in the market using the Scripps Sales Process and customized sales solutions.
- Negotiate advertising rates.
- Cultivate new relationships with the local business community by networking, cold calling and obtaining referrals.
- Develop and deliver creative advertising campaigns and media plans for each individual client.
- Effectively manage a sales funnel within the customer relationship management (CRM) software, achieve appointment setting and present key performance indicators.
- Perform client services, such as: presentations, media plan preparation, copywriting, collections, campaign performance reporting and credit applications.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field, preferred
- 3-5 years of outsides sales experience
- Proven track record of sales success
- Knack for relationship building
- Results-driven attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Confidence to speak with decision makers
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required (proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required)
- And, if you have broadcast, TV, digital or media experience, that’s a plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Extensive Scripps Sales Process training
- A career path to grow your professional experiences
- Uncapped sales commission
- Full benefits; medical, dental and vision
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Monthly allowance for mileage and cell phone