Epiphany is an independent school dedicated to providing excellent, tuition-free education to boys and girls of all faiths, from economically disadvantaged families from Boston.
We are looking for recent college graduates who feel a commitment to the city, education, and children and are excited about the idea of working for a full-service school that is open 8am – 6pm. The Teaching Fellows’ primary responsibilities will be student teaching, running small reading groups, coaching sports, and assisting with a major area of school operations such as technology, student support, administration, etc. While it is recognized that the Teaching Fellows may have little or no teaching experience, the entire atmosphere is one of collaboration and mutual learning. Teaching Fellows will participate in monthly professional development and will be paired with a mentor teacher who will meet with them weekly. If it is determined that teaching in an urban setting is what you are passionate about pursuing as a career, we may be able to support you in a second or third year where, in addition to serving as a teaching fellow, you may be accepted into a one year program to receive your master’s degree in education from Boston College. Epiphany has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in place that applies to all AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows for whom the vaccine is authorized under the FDA.
- Student support and student teaching
- Leading small reading enrichment groups
- Facilitate a self-chosen hobby/arts group
- Serve as a member of non-academic area team
- Coach interscholastic sports or physical education classes
- Assist in supervising duties throughout the school day, afternoon, and evening portions of our program
- Free housing and housing expenses in Epiphany units within walking distance to work.
- Three free meals a day when school is in session
- An AmeriCorps living allowance of $16,500*, distributed in 24 bi-weekly increments of $687.50* for the duration of the Member’s term of service (less applicable taxes).
- Health insurance eligibility through AmeriCorps.
- Upon successful completion of the Member’s full-time term of service, the Member will receive an award of $6,495* from the National Service Trust to be applied to past or future educational endeavors.
- Check out our website at www.epiphanyschool.com
- Complete our written application that includes a cover letter, resume, and three references (Click the “Apply Externally” button to access the written application)
- Receive an invitation to schedule an in-person visit and interview at the school
- Teach a 20-30 minute mini-lesson to a group of our students
- Review of references
- Receive a hiring decision
*These may go up for the 2022-2023 school year due to increased AmeriCorps funding from the Federal Government