Company Overview: The Family Room tracks how changes in the world are changing our core values as people, and what this means for the future of categories and brands. We do this through our Passion Points construct (Link), the industry’s leading study of consumer sentiment. Grounded in the belief that the best predictor of consumers’ future behaviors are their emerging emotional priorities, Passion Points reveal on how cultural change is reshaping our values as humans, our priorities within categories, and the changes marketers will need to make to stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. We operate on a data subscription business model with companies like Nike, Coke, Google, Netflix, LEGO®, Time Warner, and McDonald’s among our study’s participants.
Research Assistant Job Overview: This position is ideally suited for a person looking to bring their behavioral science education into a business environment. In this position you will help us explore: 1) How changes in the world are changing our values as people; 2) Which of these new emotional imperatives are impacting our priorities as consumers, and what the future holds for media, brands, and social causes; and, 3) Identify key differences and emotional commonalities across generations, ethnicities, and world cultures. A solid knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and statistical analysis are important qualifications for this position.
1. Passion Point Data Analytics And Interpretation
· Assist our Director Of Quantitative Research and Chief Strategy Officer in managing, analyzing, and creating client reports from our global Passion Points data set
· Organize and update reports from each quarterly wave of Passion Points updates
· Support our graphic designer and strategy team in the preparation of presentations
· Provide logistical support to client interface team and project manager
2. Cultural Manifestation Research And Monitoring
· Desk research to identify manifestations of tending emotional priorities in modern culture, commerce, and the media
· In time, help create, support, and manage the creation of cohort panels to help understand and interpret emotional insights and trends our Passion Points studies are bringing to light
3. Administrative Support
· Support strategy team with client management such as meeting scheduling, timeline management, PowerPoint presentation creation
· An extra set of hands on key tasks and needs as they arise
Required Skill Set: This is an entry-level position and open to recent entrants to the job market of undergraduate/graduate students preparing for graduation in the Spring. Our company has moved to a remote work environment, but we are a close-knit team with constant interaction. We are looking for a person whose academic experience blended with behavioral science (e.g. psychology) and/or behavioral economics, quantitative research, and solid understanding of statistics (e.g. correlations, regressions, cluster analysis). Other required skills include:
· Strong foundational understanding of data management
· Excellent organization skills, a commitment to hard work, and a willingness to jump in and help
· A deep curiosity about the core values that define us a humans and drive of our behaviors
· A fascination with modern culture and the underlying human needs that govern it
· Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
The Passion Points Of Our Company: Curiosity, kindness, creativity, light heartedness, a propensity for laughter, character, and focus on the team.