Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Curriculum Assistant Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Eboni Burrowes, Director of Career Advisement
Location: Remote / In-Person (LIC Office or Harlem) / Hybrid
Tentative Schedule: Flexible based on availability, must commit 20 hours a week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: The goal of the Curriculum Assistant Intern is to support the Employment Services department by working closely with our funder (Google), Employment Services staff, and Fortune clients to produce an elevated curriculum that meets the needs of client, organization and funder specifications.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
- Education or experience in research and/or business services preferred
- Senior undergraduate student or currently pursuing a Master’s degree ▪
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Produce 1-page research reports
- Produce project and strategic executive summaries
- Produce curriculum/modules/lesson plans
- Conduct, analyze, and report on surveys conducted with clients and staff
- Conduct outreach to potential business and community partners that can participate in some workshops or career presentations
- Must be willing and able to adopt and adapt the curriculum for the specific needs of this population
- Additional Requirements
- Must have personal laptop/computer with reliable internet connection
- Must have a cell phone
- All volunteers/interns must first submit an application online at https://fortunesociety.org/volunteer-or-intern-with-us/.
- Applications selected for a phone/zoom interview will be contacted via email to schedule. If selected to interview, candidates will need to submit their most recent resume and cover letter