The Grommet is looking for an Onboarding Associate to support our efforts in onboarding new Partners to our e-commerce platform. We are seeking an entry-level professional with strong organizational and project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. You will have the opportunity to connect with business founders and company representatives from a wide range of industries to ensure their stories and products are presented effectively.
The Onboarding Associate will work closely with our Merchandising team to deeply understand each Grommet’s market opportunity, audience, and selling points. You will collect product information, key story points, visual assets and video for uploading to product pages, working efficiently to manage information traffic between The Grommet and our Partners. You will be the primary liaison with our Partners as you learn their stories, answer questions, and prepare them for business success with The Grommet.
- Collect product information and visual assets from Partners to ensure that this content is up to our quality standards to successfully host their business, list products, and delight customers.
- Review and edit, when applicable, submitted data (Spec) sheets, product details and company stories.
- Provide feedback and internal assistance with development and improvement of tools / frameworks for content collection.
- Correspond with Partners and resolve any issues or inquiries in a timely manner.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- 1-3 years business experience.
- Exceptional time and project management skills.
- Strong communication and editing skills.
- Copywriting experience preferred.
- Experience with retouching software like photoshop is a plus.
- Great visual skills. This position requires the ability to evaluate photography, media, and written content in a manner that engages, feels fresh, and tells original, authentic stories every day.
- Possesses a passion for small business, innovative products and startups.
- Self-motivated and information-seeking individual who can work independently, but also collaboratively.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively work on multiple projects in various phases under tight deadlines.
- Zeal for the pursuit of excellence and quality. If you’re someone who feels the work can always be improved, then this may be the job for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Grommet is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.