Working knowledge of benefits administration including self-funded programs, voluntary benefits, worker’s compensation and disability/FMLA. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities and strong follow through skills. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong customer service skills. Strong computer skills to include – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online enrollment systems. ADP a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers Health & Welfare plan according to policies and procedures set by Company, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, life and supplemental disability insurance, voluntary benefits, worker compensation and 401K program.
- Assist and respond to employees regarding benefits including researching and resolving benefit issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert concerning all provided benefit programs, FMLA and disability programs.
- Assist with wellness activities to keep employees actively engaged.
- Conducts benefits presentations for new employees. Advises employees on benefit options. Instructs employees on enrollment and rules surrounding benefits: pre/post tax, qualified life events, open enrollment and time limits.
- Coordinate dependent audit process.
- Enter claims into Worker Compensation System.
- Provide benefit verification service for court orders and other requests.
- Submit 401(k) deferral and loans to vendor timely prior to the paycheck.
- Load deduction file, validate deductions have been taken on a weekly basis.
- Key in deductions in payroll such as 401(k), Loan and commuter.
- Monitors and addresses errors with vendor files and ensures internal benefits system and carrier system are accurate.
- Serve as a liaison for the employer and employees with the plant HR managers, vendors and insurance carriers.
- Actively participates in annual open enrollment communications, transactions and audits.
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the disability and FMLA process in collaboration with our 3rd Party Leave Administrator. Should have knowledge of California Leave policies and procedures, including multi-state Disability and Leave regulations.
- Coordinates Evidence of Insurability process and records outcomes in benefits system.
- Process QLE events and collect proof of event.
- Assists in administering the 401k Plan to include answering questions with respect to eligibility, enrollment and performing other duties related to the plan.
- Off board employees from benefits including mailing general separation letter and other documentations.
- At least 2 years of benefits administration experience including leave administration.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high-level of attention to detail skills on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates consistent follow-through on overall job responsibilities, work expectations, assigned task and special projects.
- Strong computer skills (word excel, powerpoint) and general online benefit enrollment systems knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail and service orientation.
- Flexibility – must be able to handle multiple tasks despite ongoing interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and also collectively within a team environment.
- · Efficiently utilizes available resources to produce a high-quality work product on a consistent basis.