Performs moderately complex analysis and research for all financial aspects related to Supply Chain and Operations. Presents actionable business analysis and fact-based recommendations to the Supply Chain team with oversight from the Manager, Supply Chain Finance. Identifies and investigates issues and variances, and performs monthly analysis of operations expenses, builds financial models, and assists with the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly P&L forecasting, month-end close, reporting and presentations. Multi-tasking and the ability to work with all levels of cross-functional business team members in a high-speed environment are essential. Position reports directly to the Manager, Supply Chain Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a partner for Supply Chain function on accounting and finance related questions. This will involve the ability to assess needs, resolve risks and opportunities.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic plan for the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and Distribution & Warehousing (D&W) components of the P&L and related balance sheet accounts.
- Update the monthly forecast for COGS, COGS variance and D&W based on changes. Communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, applicable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for various requests depending on the assigned function (COGS, standard costs, discards, D&W, new product development costs, SG&A, productivity initiatives, etc.).
- Manage project work that will rotate and cut across several different financial disciplines including, but not limited to continuous improvement, FP&A, new product development, inventory management, accounting, manufacturing investments, and distribution & warehousing spending.
- Lead the development of metrics, scorecards and reporting for assigned department.
- Evaluate and deliver periodic metrics, scorecards and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required – MBA or CPA certification a plus
- 3+ years of professional general business and financial experience – CPG industry preferred
- Background and experience in Supply Chain Finance or P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including modeling, leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with cross-functional partners and peers and effectively manage those relationships
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- History of a positive attitude; proactive and driven with intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Strength of character; must by tough-minded and able to deal with change and have the courage to positively challenge the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Exceptional PC skills required with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced computing skills including extensive database management; Tableau experience a plus
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects, and Prism preferred